Michigan Mineral rights.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering if anyone else heard that supposedly in 2017 that President Trump gave Michiganders full mineral rights.
I have not been able to research this myself as I don't really understand that kind of stuff.
The reason this is important is two reasons.
During the 70's and 80's big oil was doing seismographs in this area.
The peat bog on the west side of my property and more so on the State land next to me, was discovered to have a very substantial quantity of crude oil and natural gas.

My Father fought them off via injunction.
He had zero mineral rights at that time and "Hell if anyone is going to ruin my place and I don't get anything from it"
Well Dad is long gone and now we supposedly have full mineral rights in my County which is unzoned.

I'm not one for wanting to pillage the Earth, but if I don't someone else eventually will.
I'm not having an easy time financially in life right now as many people.
If I can find out how to go about having the oil extracted, I can then afford the kind of care my wife needs and quite frankly deserves.

If anyone can help or offer direction that would be most appreciated.

Mike

tom lindsey

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2023
I was wondering if anyone else heard that supposedly in 2017 that President Trump gave Michiganders full mineral rights.
I have not been able to research this myself as I don't really understand that kind of stuff.
The peat bog on the west side of my property and more so on the State land next to me, was discovered to have a very substantial quantity of crude oil and natural gas.

He had zero mineral rights at that time and "Hell if anyone is going to ruin my place and I don't get anything from it"
Well Dad is long gone and now we supposedly have full mineral rights in my County which is unzoned.

I'm not one for wanting to pillage the Earth, but if I don't someone else eventually will.
If I can find out how to go about having the oil extracted, I can then afford the kind of care my wife needs and quite frankly deserves.

Mike

Mike

Mike

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wondering why you quoted it three times

Top Member Reactions