Let it snow I bet youll kick those winter blues in a hurry

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
This is a trick an old timertaught me and im gonna share it with you all so what if its a foot of snow outside dont let that stop your hunting dont put that detector away yet just go to your local walmart or school or wherever theres a parking lot and start searching the snow banks in the parking lots dont laugh ive found 2 rings 4 credit cards 2 of which were returned successfully about 30 dollars in bills and a mountain of clad last year doing this and the sites are never ending oh yeah dont fotget the bars alot of people lose their keys and zippos at the bar youll be amazed at what youll find oh yeah i also found a cell phone post your pics and make believers out of those winter whiners

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Hey fats,

great suggestion. my dad walks along a fence at a group of about 3 fast food joints and always comes up with a couple of bucks that blew out of the hands of the drive through customers.

Or, you could do like I did today - I went detecting!!! It was about 40 degrees and I went out to a wooded spot and the ground was perfect for digging. I found an old button with a locomotive on it and a couple of buckles. It was a blast, cold, but fun.

Ian

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a trick an old timer taught me and im gonna share it with you all so what if its a foot of snow outside dont let that stop your hunting dont put that detector away yet

I don't remember telling you about this. Anyone that is unlucky to have snow in parking lots can search where they pile up the snow. If you are there when it is melting you see stuff laying right on top of the ground.

OP
OP
fatsmahoney

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
Yeah I forgot to add that small detail this works best when the snow piles are melting

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
fats, when i worked for the railroad some of the guys would check the field next to one of automakers plants every spring cause they hauled all of the snow that was piled up from the employee parking lot in the field to melt. they found jewelry, coins, bills, etc. laying on the ground. i took my detector there but there was a never ending supply of small scrap aluminum pcs. EVERYWHERE! and let me tell you my detector really likes small aluminum pcs. so went back to eyeball hunting.

hh steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread