GOING DETECTING at 8am TOMORROW!! 28 degrees

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
We only have a dusting of snow right now. Maybe a layer of ice - but nothing too bad. 6 inches!! Wow! Hey on that treasure map I used microsoft paintbrush and I was guessing on a couple of things - like the train station I'm only thinking it's there because of the tags we found.

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
I believe your right about the station there is a clearing there right along the tracks

Im so jealous of you right now we havent been able to hunt in 4 weeks the winter sure came early for us this year probably coulda went out sunday but then we got dumped on sunday night

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
When I first hunted this site I was in fifth grade and we found two axe heads right next to a tree I brought them for show and tell at school and now I dont know what ever happened to them my mom probably threw them away a long time ago we also found like rasp files and i remember a whistle of some sort I think ill try an all metal mode next time and see what else we can find

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn( ;)) the temp full speed ahead. Get out there and dig.....aa

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Saginaw,

Have not seen you here for a while. Glad you are back ;D :D. It is 40's here in Pittsburgh, but had to visit with family for the holidays. Should be okay digging here. Hope all is well and look forward to pics of your finds.

OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Hey Ron! Hope you had a good holiday . I did try to detect this morning, but the ground was well frozen and I couldn't dig!! I feel defeated - speaking of warmer weather - I just picked up a Stingray II water detector that I'm excited about!!! Never been water hunting.

Ian

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Hey Ian...the ground is starting to loose the battle to old man winter.Still able to find a few spots that are digable as of 12/30.....So Im hunting where I can as opposed to where I want to....Better than not hunting at all.....joe

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
I got out for a few on 12/30 here in the Algonac area. The playgrounds are rock solid but the soccer and baseball fields were soft. Managed to pull 3.34 forgoing most of the penny signals. The weekend is looking good as temps will rise into the upper 40's by Sunday. Happy New Year and may all of you find gold and silver this year!

Regards,

Greg (C2MU)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread