Jackson area anyone?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Jackson area anyone?

Who all is from the Jackson county area?
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

us
    Oct 2006
    Mid-Michigan
    Minelab X 70
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Jackson area anyone?

Im live near Eagle, west of Lansing abt. 12 miles.
    Not that far from you.

Dec 2007
    Parma MI
    M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
    90 times
    Metal Detecting

I live in Jax county. Parma area. My brother is not too far away and MD's too. Have you tried the old elementary school at the corner of 106??

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3260 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I live in Jackson on the Rives/Pleasant Lake border. There's an old schoolhouse on 106 at Meridian, but its private property like most. I'd like to hunt some Jackson County parks but even the tiny ones you must have permission.

us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

yeah I know its hard to tell which ones will allow it but if theres no sign im going for it lol. I wanna check out some places in Waterloo.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jun 2007
    Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)

I'm in Jackson County

I just called the parks dept for permission at a park for this season. All set.
    Ya never know until ya go.

us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Thats cool, hope you find something worth a fortune lol.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3260 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

How much rear kissing do you hafta do to get permission to hunt Jackson Co. parks? I've called, emailed, and it's been almost a week, I haven't received any response. Jim C., any secrets?

Duane

Jun 2007

Hey Duane, I just called and asked Mr. Jim Guerriero. He wanted to make sure I had read the parks policy on detecting and that I follow those rules. I do have a copy and told him so. I only asked for one park, Vandercook. Its tough getting oldies there because it has been picked thru over the years pretty good. I managed a seated out of their last fall and some Barber too. They are deep. Gotta be patient. Ya ever want to hit it together let me know. You gotta get permission first though. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by amc rulz
    How much rear kissing do you hafta do to get permission to hunt Jackson Co. parks? I've called, emailed, and it's been almost a week, I haven't received any response. Jim C., any secrets?

Duane

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3260 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C.
    Hey Duane, I just called and asked Mr. Jim Guerriero. He wanted to make sure I had read the parks policy on detecting and that I follow those rules. I do have a copy and told him so. I only asked for one park, Vandercook. Its tough getting oldies there because it has been picked thru over the years pretty good. I managed a seated out of their last fall and some Barber too. They are deep. Gotta be patient. Ya ever want to hit it together let me know. You gotta get permission first though. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by amc rulz

Duane
    That would be cool Jim. I finally have received the ok to hunt two parks, one being Minards Mill in Tompkins. This is an old site, but i think that the lower area of the park (between the creeks) floods annually and everything old is deep and silt-covered.
    Duane

Jun 2007

Duane
    [/quote]
    [/quote] That would be cool Jim. I finally have received the ok to hunt two parks, one being Minards Mill in Tompkins. This is an old site, but i think that the lower area of the park (between the creeks) floods annually and everything old is deep and silt-covered.
    Duane
    [/quote]

I have a friend who lives by that park and has detected it with his son. He even detected the water. I have never had any luck there with old finds, just some wheaties. But I'm sure there are some left for ya. Go get em, when the snow goes away that is. Jim

Dec 2007
    Parma MI
    M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
    90 times
    Metal Detecting

I have found a few wheats there but no silver. Have you tried to get permission for Tomkins hall

us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Its gonna be 54 this weekend cant wait!

us
    Oct 2007
    michigan
    garrett ultra gta 500
    9 times

goldie here in the city

us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

`Ello Goldie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links