Jackson area anyone?

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Jax county. Parma area. My brother is not too far away and MD's too. Have you tried the old elementary school at the corner of 106??

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in Jackson on the Rives/Pleasant Lake border. There's an old schoolhouse on 106 at Meridian, but its private property like most. I'd like to hunt some Jackson County parks but even the tiny ones you must have permission.

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah I know its hard to tell which ones will allow it but if theres no sign im going for it lol. I wanna check out some places in Waterloo.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I'm in Jackson County

I just called the parks dept for permission at a park for this season. All set.

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats cool, hope you find something worth a fortune lol.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
How much rear kissing do you hafta do to get permission to hunt Jackson Co. parks? I've called, emailed, and it's been almost a week, I haven't received any response. Jim C., any secrets?

Duane

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Hey Duane, I just called and asked Mr. Jim Guerriero. He wanted to make sure I had read the parks policy on detecting and that I follow those rules. I do have a copy and told him so. I only asked for one park, Vandercook. Its tough getting oldies there because it has been picked thru over the years pretty good. I managed a seated out of their last fall and some Barber too. They are deep. Gotta be patient. Ya ever want to hit it together let me know. You gotta get permission first though. Jim

amc rulz said:
How much rear kissing do you hafta do to get permission to hunt Jackson Co. parks? I've called, emailed, and it's been almost a week, I haven't received any response. Jim C., any secrets?

Duane

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim C. said:
Hey Duane, I just called and asked Mr. Jim Guerriero. He wanted to make sure I had read the parks policy on detecting and that I follow those rules. I do have a copy and told him so. I only asked for one park, Vandercook. Its tough getting oldies there because it has been picked thru over the years pretty good. I managed a seated out of their last fall and some Barber too. They are deep. Gotta be patient. Ya ever want to hit it together let me know. You gotta get permission first though. Jim

amc rulz said:

Duane
That would be cool Jim. I finally have received the ok to hunt two parks, one being Minards Mill in Tompkins. This is an old site, but i think that the lower area of the park (between the creeks) floods annually and everything old is deep and silt-covered.
Duane

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Duane
[/quote]
[/quote] That would be cool Jim. I finally have received the ok to hunt two parks, one being Minards Mill in Tompkins. This is an old site, but i think that the lower area of the park (between the creeks) floods annually and everything old is deep and silt-covered.
Duane
[/quote]

I have a friend who lives by that park and has detected it with his son. He even detected the water. I have never had any luck there with old finds, just some wheaties. But I'm sure there are some left for ya. Go get em, when the snow goes away that is. Jim

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found a few wheats there but no silver. Have you tried to get permission for Tomkins hall???

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its gonna be 54 this weekend cant wait! :icon_sunny:

NEAL

Feb 12, 2007
Rives
Howdy Y'all , Neal here in Rives/Blackman area , hoping everyone has a banner year ! Happy and safe hunting.

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, and best of luck to you too!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Well I am fairly close to the Jackson area and always on the lookout for new places and friends to share hunts with, just give me a shout and we can go find a truckload of treasure! :icon_pirat:

Slipperyjack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread