genesee county parks permit required

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....This excludes Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad....

I have taken my family there on various holidays for many years now and I had always thought that it would be a cool place to do some detecting. I had never even inquired about detecting there because I just had sort of figured that it never would be allowed and I guess I was right in that regards.

From the last paragraph states
It is further agreed that you will pay for any damages done by you to Commission Property at a rate to be determined by the Genesee County Parks & Recreation Commission on an individual basis.
I guess they must have had a brainless person with a shovel and a detector a while ago. Some people think that they can just tear up the landscape and leave it without any repercussions. We honest people have to pay for the brain dead in our hobby I guess.

Happy Hunting (waiting for the thaw),

Scott (MI)

JB-55

May 24, 2008
ty for the post, im sure i would have got nailed for this within the next couple of days :)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Whoops, I may have hit a couple Genesee County Parks...not sure though. I did detect in Grand Blanc & Flint Township once last year. Gonna have to look it up in my little diary & see if I hit any county parks that day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread