How many hours a week/ month do you hunt?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi. I bought my detector 5 months ago, last Thanksgiving, I used it up until freeze-up, I would estimate 60 hrs? Found near 300 coins, mostly clad (half, sac dollar, wheats, 1 silver).

I'd say 12 hours this month and over 200 coin (1 silver), and 4 silver last month.

Last month 20? hrs, 200 coin

-Duane
PLake

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been going so much i have to use the coins i found for gas

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Well, with a family I can usually only get out one day a week and for at least 4 hours. Some weeks if I'm lucky I can get out two days. I try to make my time out count by trying to hit places that increase my odds of finding old coins. Jim

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I don't normally keep track of the time I'm out there. Last summer I got out once or twice a week and I'd hunt all day. Sometimes I'd drive to another town...as far as 2 hours away & I'd stay until it got dark. I suspect that with the gas at $3.55 a gallon I won't be doing that too much this year.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I am new to this site and started metal detecting last fall, Was bitten by the bug pretty hard! I detected most of the winter during the short warm spells and now the snow is gone I go everyday. I stop on the way home from work and try to hit a different spot each day for about 3 hours, then on the weekend I go from sun up till sun down. Being a single guy alows me time to do this and it pays off with some real great finds, My coin collection is getting bigger by the day and all ready this month I have turned in over $100 in clad alone to the bank most of that being zincolns. Hope to see you all out in the field:)

Slipperyjack

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
wow.... Well I all ready graduated early from school and will have the next 2 years before I go to college too hunt. So thats like 8 hours a day every day for 365 days so do a little math and i will be hunting about 5840 hours before I go to college........................
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SEMPER FI :sunny:

Jim-MI

Mar 28, 2005
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon
In the Spring I get out about 6-10 hrs., Summer not so much maybe 2 or 3. I would rather dig in moist grass, I like it easy. Last Summer in the drought... forget about it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread