Holy cow Im huge..my new name online should be...

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Re: Holy cow I'm huge..my new name online should be...

Hey Jim,

No S on it, believe me...I tried to put one there with my steely gaze! :tongue3: ::) Depending on what the coin comes out as I think its at least a VF20 & could almost be a MS60 so that would be $14 - $120. Checked my coin book, I already have the 1927 although it is in pretty rough shape.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)

See Bob, get yourself an explorer and you'll make finds like that and pay for your machine pretty quick. The explorer is not for everyone though. Alot of guys who tried em don't like all the diffferent sounds it gives off. If ya stick with it and learn the thing though it will pay off.
Here is just one find that helped pay for the explorer...

Attachments

• 1877 front.jpg
    1877 front.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 199

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used

Wow, $750 minimum & on up! Great find Jim.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim, dont worry bout your size... remember that old saying never judge a book by its cover.. so theres nothing wrong with ya .. I mean that.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Jim,

You made a believer outa me with that Explorer! I am going to go tonight after work and look at purchasing one from my local shop! I never asked if you were running the factory preset programs or have a custom one you would like to share with me lol. I also think you looked fine in the pics too, especially holding that awesome civil war token!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used

Don't feel bad Jim. I have a job interview on Monday and I'm supposed to wear a suit. Only problem is I've gained so much weight I can't fit into any of my suits. I keep saying I need to lose weight but I never do anything about it. So, I had to run around and try to find a reasonably priced suit to wear for the interview. What a buttock pain that was! Found one and then detected for a couple hours (as long as I wasted all that gas getting in to town anyway).

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

...large one that needs a bra. Nice pics of everyone else though. It was a fun time. Hey Bob, if that quarter has a S mint mark you could buy yourself an explorer with it. Jim

hey jim, if it makes you feel any better, I am a lady and dont need a bra.. whats that tell ya..lol

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used

Slipperyjack47 said:
Jim,

You made a believer outa me with that Explorer! I am going to go tonight after work and look at purchasing one from my local shop! I never asked if you were running the factory preset programs or have a custom one you would like to share with me lol. I also think you looked fine in the pics too, especially holding that awesome civil war token!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Hey Jack, I will be more than happy to help you out with the learning curve with the explorer if you get one. I have used one since they came out and know it pretty well. I'll tell you how I set mine up and what works for me and you can go from there. What is so great about the explorer is that you get better with it every year you use it. I'm sure thats true with any detector but It seems every year I can go deeper and really know what the thing is telling me. Some Indian heads I dig wouldn't sound like a coin to most but just from experience with the detector and diggin stuff up year after year with it keeps the hobby fun and rewarding and always a learning experience.
The explorer sounds off so good on coins in the 6-8 inch range that other detectors barely hear or get scratchy signals from. Whenever you want to meet up and go detecting I'll be there. Let me know. Jim

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used

Prober said:
Don't feel bad Jim. I have a job interview on Monday and I'm supposed to wear a suit. Only problem is I've gained so much weight I can't fit into any of my suits. I keep saying I need to lose weight but I never do anything about it. So, I had to run around and try to find a reasonably priced suit to wear for the interview. What a buttock paid that was! Found one and then detected for a couple hours (as long as I wasted all that gas getting in to town anyway).

Good luck on the interview Bob hope you get the job.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used

Bootybay said:
...large one that needs a bra. Nice pics of everyone else though. It was a fun time. Hey Bob, if that quarter has a S mint mark you could buy yourself an explorer with it. Jim

hey jim, if it makes you feel any better, I am a lady and dont need a bra.. whats that tell ya..lol

Your a free spirit :tongue3: Lets trade. ;D

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Thanks Jim, I look forward to detecting with you again soon and think I'll be needing that help with that explorer! And I think Booty should have to prove that statement as I do accept pics lol

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim and Jack...I have a really really good comment on that one..but...I will behave...however, I will say one thing my hubby said to me years ago....ready...

better serve them eggs before they get cold... then he got slapped upside his head and told..well DEARIE I never false advertised so shut up... lol

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Prober said:
Don't feel bad Jim. I have a job interview on Monday and I'm supposed to wear a suit. Only problem is I've gained so much weight I can't fit into any of my suits. I keep saying I need to lose weight but I never do anything about it. So, I had to run around and try to find a reasonably priced suit to wear for the interview. What a buttock paid that was! Found one and then detected for a couple hours (as long as I wasted all that gas getting in to town anyway).
Prober, if that job interview doesn't work out I need help out here mowin' my lawn...acres and acres... just kidding good luck with that interview.

AMC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread