The only good place near where I live that would be a good place for a forum....

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
hunt, would be the Hillsdale fairgrounds. Its been pounded over the years like all other places but there are still some keepers lurking about.
There are some parks close to the fairground area that have given me a few silvers too.
But if Jack has some more places lined up in that cool town of his I'd rather do that. What say you folks?
I'll wear black next hunt to make me look thinner in the pics. ;D

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Re: The only good place near where I live that would be a good place for a forum

I'm with you Jim Bob, I'll wear black too cuz I couldn't help but notice that I'm getting a bit portly myself.
If Jack can find us some Un-detected spots where I have a chance to find some old stuff with the M6 I'm game.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Glad to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves here in Centreville! I am already working on gaining permission to hunt some very old spots,maybe we can plan a hunt for this fall. This area seems to be drowning in old home sites and old farms, I also have recently discovered some old one room school house sites and am going to do some serious investigating into getting permission for these spots. Its a little more difficult to gain access to places for groups of guys but I'll be more than glad to give it a shot. I also think I could get us permission to hunt farm fields where old houses were tore down as farmers love to have us Detectorists out there picking up sharp metal objects that could ruin Farm equiptment tires, and if we pick up a few old coins in the process Great for us! Hope you all have a fantastic fourth of July!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Re: The only good place near where I live that would be a good place for a forum

If I can find a way to get an inch or two more depth out of the M6 I might even have a chance to find a coin or two. We did have a good time in Centreville; the best part was meeting you guys.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Prober said:
If I can find a way to get an inch or two more depth out of the M6 I might even have a chance to find a coin or two. We did have a good time in Centreville; the best part was meeting you guys.
Prober, thought you were looking into the 12" coil. That may give an extra 1-2" depth. I'd like to try one but don't want to plunk down the cash yet. If that doesn't do it I just may jump on the Minelab bandwagon myself.

AMC

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used

AMC - I've been thinking about the 12 incher but don't have the cash. Besides...is one or two more inches going to cut it? I've asked on the White's section how much more depth you get from the 12 incher but no one seems to want to answer the question. I'm thinking that rather than spend $250 on a coil that may not do much I might be better off getting rid of the M6 & looking at something else. I certainly don't have the money for a new explorer...Have you guys ever heard of the Nautilus DMC Ba? It is supposed to be able to "bang a dime at 15 inches"...hype? true? Don't know. If it goes 15 inches it would be the one to get as it is around $675

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Prober I never heard of that machine and I guess my suspicion would be if its that good why don't ya hear about it from all the serious detectorists on here? I mean if it goes to those amazing depths and is only 675 bucks I think everyone on here would have one, I know I would! With a little looking and shopping I am sure you could find a deeper machine like I did, I saved up my clad and with the money I got for my old machine i purchased a slightly used Explorer. I have seen many on sale on E-Bay and there are a few on here from time to time. I also have heard about some great depths coming from the minelab Musketeer, that maybe an option too. Just trying to help a buddy out!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread