friend was not that impressed by the fact his mosin nagant was a "CN" marked tula

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
friend was not that impressed by the fact his mosin nagant was a "CN" marked tula

so I traded him my "normal" 91 / 30 and a 22 short 6 shot pistol which he liked since he does yard work for a lving around here in the sticks and runs across snakes a lot * that lil 22 short pistol with rat shot its a great lil snake popper * gave him 50 22 short round nose lead bullets and a lil holster too.

me I'm tickled pink --my gun is a 1935 hex head tula - CN marked (sniper accurite checked *) never drilled or scope mounted -( might have been used a company level iron sighted "sharp shooter" rifle -( like a sniper rifle but no scope just iron sights)-- it was rebuilt in 1948 post war * and is MO marked -- so it should be highly accurite * --its in very nice shape -strong rifling and bolt and barrel / butt numbers all match -- floor plate is lined out and restamped ( forced matching)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep - he's happy too got a lil pocket pistol snake killer in the deal a ROHM REVOLVER 22 SHORT 6 SHOT --- WIZE GUY TYPE BOH SPECIAL (BACK OF da HEAD) == GREAT FER KILLING SNAKES BOTH 2 LEGGED AND NO LEGGED

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep happy all around :thumbsup: - well except for the out of control wild pigs at the hunt club -- many of whom will hopefully soon be meeting my "new" freind ---mr "tula" mosin nagant

just ordered 60 rounds of 203 grain sp 7.62 x 54 r hunting rounds

1 sow wild pig can breed at least 3 times per year and have about 10 piglets at a time (30 piglets per year )-with a general survival rate of between 50% to 80% depending upon conditions -- so say 15 to 24 piglets living to 1 year of age that means you need to kill between (15 to 24 pigs per year) just to stay "even' with no population growth of your pig herd for each active breeding sow --thats also why if given a "choice" of shooting a sow vs a boar --say they are side by side but you will only be able to shoot one before the other gets away - you should always target the "sows" first -- because 100 boars and 1 sow = only 1 litter at a time is possible ---- but 100 sows and 1 boar = 100 possible litters at a time

Last edited:

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the wild pig problem is out of control here in Florida, not so much up here in Panama City area......Yet! I take it you are a collector of Mil-Surps, there is a 500 gun auction going on in Panama City Florida (20-21 April), you can find the listing under Higginbotham.com they have some Mosin-Nagants, Mausers, and a lot of civilian rifles and handguns being sold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread