Please help with manhattan project pin .

jakewilliam

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
651718d1341636995-help-please-manhattan-project-pin-vd1raw.jpg
hi guys and girls, long time lurker.

I am wanting to know more about the bronze Manhattan project pin made for the US government by “whitehead and hoag”
All I am wanting to know basically if the whitehead and hoag company would of presented this pin in a H.F Winchman & Co Honolulu(jeweller) green presentation case/box?

I have included a picture.

I look forward to your expert opinion,

Regards,

Jake William

Last edited:

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
These were given to people who worked on the development of the Atomic Bomb or Manhattan Project. I've seen both the bronze and silver versions. I know the silver version can go for well over $100. Not to sure what the bronze is bringing. They are very collectible. I have no idea what it would be doing in a presentation case from Hawaii. Whitehead and Hoag was located in Newark, New Jersey and went out of business in the late 1950s or early 60s.
For some silly reason the government only awarded these pins AFTER ​the war was over!

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 651745
hi guys and girls, long time lurker.

I am wanting to know more about the bronze Manhattan project pin made for the US government by “whitehead and hoag”
All I am wanting to know basically if the whitehead and hoag company would of presented this pin in a H.F Winchman & Co Honolulu(jeweller) green presentation case/box?

I have included a picture.

I look forward to your expert opinion,

Regards,

Jake William
Look and see if H.F.WINCHMAN&CO. Are jewler's out of Hawaii,Jewler's ordered peice's from W&H,New Jersey.That could be the case,No pun intended.It's worth a try&That could explain...Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:
HAPPY HUNTING ALL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread