Wanted Military Timepieces

Rydogg17

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 1897 Spanish American wartime watch fob! I metal detected this fob,It is in wonderful condition! Interested in it???

Ryan Q.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a WW1 Ulysse Nardin Corps of Engineers watch like this one:

Ulysse Nardin Corps or Engineers USA World War I Military Issue Pocket Watch | eBay

Mine is serial #9691. It is not in as good a condition as the one in the eBay auction, though it is basically intact and kept reasonably good time when I used to carry it 15-20 years ago. I just wound the stem a tiny bit and it ticks, so it runs, but I don't know how well it keeps time. It needs a jeweler's attention, most likely. The case and crystal are a little bit scuffy from use and age, but it's all there, with no major cracks to the crystal or other issues.

PS- unlike the one on eBay, mine has radium-painted (i.e. glow-in-the-dark) numerals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a great watch...U/N is one of the top makes, but they also assembled parts that were sourced from other makers: It's hard to tell what components were used...also much talk about the Radium used on the hands...not enough to worry about vs. stay away if possible...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread