Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other
270e.jpg
this was a (cap?) badge my grand dad brought back from siberia in WW1
can anyone identify its country of origin
(it is not russian could it be british, canadian, japanese or ????)

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
If they are snakes all around it I believe(not 100%) that its a anti partisan badge,Russian

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance of a larger photo - I don't think it is anti-partisan badge. I know the Germans had an anti-partisan badge in WWII but I'm not aware of any such operations in Siberia in WWI.

What was your Grand Dad doing in Siberia in WWI - could help in finding out what it is.

OP
OP
I

Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other
As part of America's 31st infantry regiment At the end of WWI he was guarding German Prisoners of war. (The prisoners were employed unloading supply ships in Vladivostock harbor) but at the start of the Russian Revolution
The Americans stayed to protect the Transiberian Railroad by fighting Bolsheviks
This is known as "The American Intervention In The Russian Civil War, 1918-1920"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/31st_Infantry_Regiment There were seven nations total invoved in the Intervention.
this (cap?) badge is with many others, attached to a Russian (guard?) belt that gpa brought back some of the pins are canadian, others are japanese. through the Internet I met a russian collector who identified the russian ones for me. including the non military / railroad ones (I've lost that list, but dont want to ask him again he got mad that i didnt want to sell)
but the badge in the photo he said he could only tell me that it was not Russian.

I have a better camera now than when that photo was taken. I will try to get a better photo up in a few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread