My small weapons collection....

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the list of my small weapons collection thus far......

Pistols:

1933 Tula/Nagant Model 1895
1953 Ceskoslovenska Zbrojovka BRNO CZ-52 / VZ-52
197? JP Sauer & Sohn/Hawes Western Marshall (Father's gun)
1991 Ceská Zbrojovka CZ-83
1991 Ceská Zbrojovka CZ-83
1979 Armi San Marco Colt 1851 Navy
2013 Taurus PT 111 Millennium G2
2013 SCCY CPX-1 CB
2013 SCCY CPX-1 TT

Long Guns:

1863 Snider Enfield P1853 Mk II** Afghanistan Bringback
1874-1876 Remington Egyptian M1868 No 1 Rolling Block
1879 Waffen Fabrik Bern Swiss Vetterli Model 1869/71
1890 Danzig Commission Rifle Model 1888 aka Gew 88
1894/1927 Izhevsk/Tikkakoski/Mosin-Nagant Model 1891
1894-1896 Oviedo/Mauser (Spanish) Model 1893
1914 Koishikawa Arsenal Type 38 Arisaka
1915-1917/1924-1927 Remington/Böhler Stahl/Mosin-Nagant Model 1891/24
1917 Tula/Mosin-Nagant Model 1891
1918/1932 Steyr Mannlicher M1895/30
1920-1926 Oviedo/Mauser (Spanish) M1893/1916
1926-1928 Fabrique Nationale d'armes de Guerre M1924/47
1928-1930 Ceskoslovenska Zbrojovka VZ-24 (1932 San Paulo uprising gun)
1929-1941 Kragujevac Arsenal M1924/47
1932 Izhevsk/Mosin-Nagant Model 1891/30
1939 Tula/Mosin-Nagant Model 1891/30
1940-1956 Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Champion (GGF's gun)
1942 K. Kale/Mauser (Turkish) Model 1938
1942 Izhevsk/Mosin-Nagant 1891/30
1943 Springfield Armory Garand M1
1943 Izhevsk/Mosin-Nagant Model 1891/30
1943 BSA Shirley M47 Enfield No. 4 Mk 1
1944 Nagoya Arsenal Type 99 Arisaka
1944 Waffen Werke Brunn K98k Mauser (Dot 44)
1947 Izhevsk/Mosin-Nagant Model 1944
1948-1949 Manufacture d'armes de Saint Etienne MAS-1936
1948-1952 Kragujevac Arsenal M1948
1954 Romanian Mosin Nagant Model 1944
1955 Chongquing Arsenal Type 53
1956 Jianshe Arsenal Sino-Soviet SKS M56
1973 Marlin Original Golden-39M (Father's gun)
1975 Remington 1100 (Father's gun)
2015 Mossberg Int'l 702 Plinkster
2016 Bushmaster XM15-E2S (AR15A2)
2018 Cugir Arms Factory WASR 10 AKM

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vault 2.jpg ATT00016.jpg

I was told this was Charlton Hesston's collection, not sure.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Early this morning, about 0100 hrs, I was awakened by a knock on my door. I got out of bed and threw some pants on and went downstairs to answer the door. There stood a young fellow I didn't know, he claimed to be a friend of another friend, wanted to come in and talk to me. I advised him to go home or wherever he came from. He appeared to be leaving, and I went back upstairs and checked the Mosin-Nagant 91-30 for ammo. The remainder of the night was peaceful. But that was a very very strange situation. I live at the end of a very rough kilometer long driveway up the holler. Most do not even know there's a house up here. I'll be checking into that as the day progresses.

What the heck??? Isolated that I am, I'm still not out of reach?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Early this morning, about 0100 hrs, I was awakened by a knock on my door. I got out of bed and threw some pants on and went downstairs to answer the door. There stood a young fellow I didn't know, he claimed to be a friend of another friend, wanted to come in and talk to me. I advised him to go home or wherever he came from. He appeared to be leaving, and I went back upstairs and checked the Mosin-Nagant 91-30 for ammo. The remainder of the night was peaceful. But that was a very very strange situation. I live at the end of a very rough kilometer long driveway up the holler. Most do not even know there's a house up here. I'll be checking into that as the day progresses.

No , you are not out of reach.

I was havin a smoke around 10 p.m.out on the ramp when I heard something in the woods taking long running strides.
A crackhead was on the run.
I coughed to stop him , then asked if he knew where he was.
Took him minutes to catch his breath.

I won't repeat what he claimed was going on , but told him I don't get involved in illegal activity. (Yes , I was armed.)

He headed in the woods another direction and got moving again.

It's a rare occasion someone not from around here is running the woods at night....Let alone the dirt road that ends here. But....

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

No , you are not out of reach.

I was havin a smoke around 10 p.m.out on the ramp when I heard something in the woods taking long running strides.
A crackhead was on the run.
I coughed to stop him , then asked if he knew where he was.
Took him minutes to catch his breath.

I won't repeat what he claimed was going on , but told him I don't get involved in illegal activity. (Yes , I was armed.)

He headed in the woods another direction and got moving again.

It's a rare occasion someone not from around here is running the woods at night....Let alone the dirt road that ends here. But....

We have a ring doorbell cam, an alarm system, and security cameras on our house which send motion alerts to our phones. Hell everytime something happens around our neighborhood the Sheriff's Department asks for me to review my footage for anything of use. Back in the time lapse VCR era, a tape from our old system was used to prove three suspects were in town. The tape showed them passing our house going towards the victims house just prior to and leaving just after the shooting. The one who pulled the trigger was the cousin, stepbrother or half brother of the victim. After their alibi was blown, one turned against the other two. After he testified against them they got 25 to life, and he was offered 15 years. He thought it was too long and asked for and went to trial instead (Thinking he would get even less time) and also got 25 to life. The prosecution used his testimony in the previous two trials against him.

My wife's CZ-83, my Taurus PT 111 G2, the AR-15A2, AR15 M-4 clone, the AKM are all loaded in different places in the MBR. There is also an additional loaded 9mm handgun in the livingroom, and the AR-15A2 gets moved into the LR during the day (No round chambered and if kids are present mag removed and gun placed high).

You break in around here, you're not leaving on your feet, and my wife is highly accurate with her 380. How accurate you ask, at 25-30 feet she gets a skoal can sized grouping one handed, a saucer sized grouping weak handed (She's trying to tighten that grouping up), and half dollar sized grouping two handed. Don't ever get in her sights........

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This morning after the day had begun, I walked down to my neighbor's house and told them what happened last night. My neighbor lady was freaked, and her son knows the guy. He promised me - oh yeah he took it serious - that it wouldn't happen again. He knows the dude and they're NOT bosom buddies.

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chances are he was scoping out your house to see if anybody was home.. If you didn't answer he would have more than likely broke in..

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having mixed feelings as to what we tell about ourselves. I hope someone is not logging this and could possibly track us down for a robbery or burglary

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know.We have a "Freak" in our neighborhood.A few nights ago at 10: he was caught(on camera) peeping through a neighbors front window. She screamed,turned the outside light on just as he ran away....Next day he got a visit from the cops.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never answer my door after dark with out first checking my video surveillance cameras and then have a firearm on my side if I do not recognize the person when I answer the door.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
ff, Mike, thank you for your service. That is an impressive list you have. How do you display? I’m sure if you have a five car finished garage with all that room and vaulted ceiling and custom cabinets, your collection would look just as impressive. Looking at that pic is kind of like Hollywood, reading you list once is like reading mine 3 times over, Im really glad to be in your club

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure that is favorite stop of mine. The fur trade museum at Chadron ne. Has a nice collection too.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am having mixed feelings as to what we tell about ourselves. I hope someone is not logging this and could possibly track us down for a robbery or burglary

I have a friend that make these really nice welcome mats to wipe your boots on, it also sits on an air bag from a passenger vans glove box. There are several different triggers but door bell is funniest to watch. When they wake up, they want to just go away and forget all about getting shot

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From folks that run a ranch in Lake County, OR., isolated places are more frequently targeted for break in. They have experienced this themselves. Neighborhoods most of the time have "Neighborhood Watch" programs.
I would suggest one thing though, never answer the door at 1 a.m. without being armed. If there were more than one, they could have pushed their way in and robbed you.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ff, Mike, thank you for your service. That is an impressive list you have. How do you display? I’m sure if you have a five car finished garage with all that room and vaulted ceiling and custom cabinets, your collection would look just as impressive. Looking at that pic is kind of like Hollywood, reading you list once is like reading mine 3 times over, Im really glad to be in your club

They were displayed in open racks in the gun room/office upstairs. Hurricane Michael did a number on the room. All the guns survived thanks to me keeping them well oiled. If you look at the below link and scroll through it the section that was missing the roof is where the gun room was. It's now a playroom for the grandkids.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/natural-disasters/590487-hurricane-michael.html

Currently some are stored in the spare MBR closet, and the rest on the racks that survived the storm in the corner of the MBR. Repairs are taking a lot longer than we like. After all the repairs are done, we'll convert the garage and make it the new office/militaria/gun room.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure that is favorite stop of mine. The fur trade museum at Chadron ne. Has a nice collection too.

Visited the cody museum multiple times, been to Yellowstone over 8 times.

I use to live in Nebraska too, Lincoln, Nebraska City and Kearney but I never made it to Chadron. I took a different path to Yellowstone from Lincoln one year, took I-80 over to Hwy 83 north to Valentine Ne, then over to Merriman Ne, north up to Martin, SD then west through wounded knee to Black Hills, Mt Rushmore up to Deadwood, north to Devils Tower then west to Cody then through East entrance to Yellowstone NP.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I tend to agree with you Gare!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread