relic hunting in Guam

briand212

Dec 8, 2008
Hi all, (newbie here)
I am going to Guam ( 3rd trip there) and I was thinkng about purchasing a metal detector for relic hunting.
The area is dense jungle and steep mountains, hills and ravines.

I have very little experince with metal detectors and would like some suggestions on a good detector that does not cost a fortune.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

ww2digger

Aug 27, 2008
Well I get by just fine with a Bounty Hunter Tracker iv. They do lower models as well. The tracker iv is about $250 but their models go all the way down to $99.

I would strongly advise you spend no more than this as there is a real risk your MD will get damaged in transport, unless you take it on as hand luggage. You also need to be careful in areas such as thick jungle because there is an increased risk of finding unexploded ordnance......the last thing you need is being blown to smithereens by an unexploded bit of war detritus !

Anyway...hope that helps. Bounty Hunter models are possibly the best value.....go search for them in the webz :)

ww2digger

OP
OP
B

briand212

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for the advice, I went on a few hikes in the jungle and man is it THICK, I will post any finds I come across

Thanks
Brian

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
don't dig big signals unless they are also long. A big round signal could explode. A big long signal could be a weapon. siegfried schlagrule.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread