txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was excited once again to be invited to Palo Alto National Battlefield to assist in their survey. For 2 weeks groups of Archaeologist and volunteers worked together to collect relics from the 1846 battle. Several musket balls, and canister shots were located, a few buttons, a breastplate, spur, and misc. unidentified objects. I only got to hunt the one weekend because of work, if I had it my way I would of been there everyday. Here are a few of the pics. I am waiting on some of the others to send me more pics and I will post them. We had a bucket of laughs, made new friends, and got to dig really old stuff...what more can a person ask for.

Attachments

• CIMG1416 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1416 (Small).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • CIMG1417 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1417 (Small).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • CIMG1427 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1427 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,140
  • CIMG1411 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1411 (Small).JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,142
S

stefen

txkickergirl tells me that your from Texas and you'r a female shlt kicker!

The pic's are guys though...

Now, I'm thinking this hunt is a real drag :laughing7:

Want to comment?

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep the majority were guys out there. Since I was raised with a houseful of brothers and no sisters, you can put me in a guy group any day over girly girls. The funny thing is most of the time their first impression is oh its a girl, then later when they hunt with me and get to know me they always tell me they forget I am a girl.

Not sure if thats a compliment or not ??? lol

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some more pics as promised of some of the finds located on the battlefield and also the local wildlife we encountered.

Attachments

• NONE (Small).JPG
    NONE (Small).JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,095
  • USBUTTON.JPG
    USBUTTON.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,102
  • rattler (Small).jpg
    rattler (Small).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,106
  • PLATE (Small).JPG
    PLATE (Small).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,087

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
txkickergirl said:
some more pics as promised of some of the finds located on the battlefield and also the local wildlife we encountered.

Why did the Sov go off on a rattler and how did you dig him up without getting bit ???!! :laughing9: :tongue3: Seriously, this girl is a treasure hunting FIEND!!! Energizer bunny to the max!!! You oughta see the picture of the old headstone of a Confederate Vet she pulled out of the middle of nowhere!!

sarge relics

Greenie
Jul 27, 2005
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, w/6X10 DD
I hate that I missed that one. Got an invitation from "John" to attend the Palo Alto dig. Kevin gave me a call and asked if I wanted to go. SURE, I wanted to, but because of recent un-employment, just couldn't attend. I have been on several of these digs, and enjoyed each and every one of them. I have dug on Shiloh, Stones River, and within the "Battery Robinette" in downtown Corinth, Ms. All these are national park properties. It's just totaly amazing some of the things that you see dug from these grounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread