Question on a German Bayonet

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
Someone has ask me if I wold be interested in buying a Bayonet off them and they claim that it is a 1909 German Bayonet . Would any body have any links to some info. on this subject ? I personaly have not seen it yet I was going to go and take a look at it . So I was trying to get a ideal of what I was looking at and maybe some fair price of what to offer and making sure that it is what they claim . I personaly am a Indian Artifact hunter and do not know much on military relics :help: Thanks guys for any help :coffee2:

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
I used to have one exactly like the one shown in the link. I bought it from Smoky Mountain Works back in the 80's. It is an Argentine machete. They were found in storage many years ago. Mine still had the packing grease and was in new(unsharpened condition). Don't know what they are worth but it was made with good German steel.

mac762

Nov 18, 2007
I have a Argentine Jungle Machete that I bought on E-bay a few years back. Still in grease with the leather frog. I took it to a knife guy to sharpen it and he told me, "I'll do it if you really want me to, but it will kill the value." I put the sharpening on hold. The knife guy also offered to buy the knife, but did not throw out a price.
I think I paid $120 or so for mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread