Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope there are made examples of...

diggerj

May 3, 2013
I hope there are made examples of...

The relics are much better off to rot on the ground as orders by our federal gov. But they can put massive subdivisions right in theiddle of the wilderness battlefield blind obediamce

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they don't want to allow detecting in these areas because of historical significance , then why don't they have an archeologist team come in and recover what there is to recover . That's what they did at the historic site I volunteer at . What's the point of letting it rot?

diggerj

May 3, 2013
Ironically it is a federal crime to dig and preserve artifacts from the war of northern aggression on these sites but the building of extensive subdivisions right by the confederate trenches is ok I don't dare take such risk involving parkland or any other endeavor when it's federal it is what my forefathers fought against but through blind obedience we have become puppets to the federal government period!!!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing.........but this is the land of the free?????
Would guess educating the offenders would be the right thing to do; not wasting precious resources on putting yet more people in prison (hey America has by far the most per capita in prison, why is that?)
Seems common sense, decency and justice are lost today.........
Thank you for posting this for we are better to know the rules of the game........seems the war of northern aggression continues.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing.........but this is the land of the free?????
Would guess educating the offenders would be the right thing to do; not wasting precious resources on putting yet more people in prison (hey America has by far the most per capita in prison, why is that?)
Seems common sense, decency and justice are lost today.........
Thank you for posting this for we are better to know the rules of the game........seems the war of northern aggression continues.

Martial said it well: "A state's corruption can be measured by the number of its statutes."

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember that whether YOU think it is right or wrong, these dumbbells have HURT our hobby, and we cannot undo the damage they have done. As a community we should condemn this behavior and call for jail time. Dumb and dishonest people should not be allowed to represent our hobby. If you feel these historic sites should be excavated, then make your case to a local university or college archeology department and volunteer your services and expertise. There is a right way – and a wrong way to do things.

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so they are idiots for detecting on a known battlefield and trenches, but the damn park is 8000 acres, paid for by our tax dollars. They should allow MD'ing in areas off radar from the action.

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another note the problem there would be the swarm of detectorist scuffling around with shovels. Oh well

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not condone the activity of these individuals... they broke the law.
But one thing I have never been able to get my mind around is...

If historical finds belong to "everyone", then "everyone" should be able to find them.
Discovery is the instictual drive that propels life...
And should be a basic American FUNDEMENTAL right... to explore and discover... REGARDLESS of where.
And particularly where known evidence of our past is known to exist...
It should be rescued immediately by any means possible...
And if there are people willing to expedite the process in a regulated way... then let them.
America should follow the U.K. in this approach and regulatory means.
They impose the laws to protect when in fact... it does the opposite.

Grunter

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ignorant powers to be are missing an opportunity to take from the people what is already theirs. They could add to the Kings coffers by selling permits that allow some metal detecting with some onerous regulations. There are lots of artifacts that will never be found without the discovery by metal detectorists. Leave for future generations when the current younger generations could give a ship less about history.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In Loudoun county were I am originally from the many trenches at The Battle of Balls Bluff battlefield just disappeared over night to make way for a gd lousy looking subdivision and wasted away 20 acres and only bits of trenches are left that still run right into the backyard of the homes . Its okay for them to just cover over then slam some over priced slum houses . It amazing how when the palm gets greased its all good for the developers and politician.They should all be locked away for they are the biggest scavengers of all. I mean I do not think it was right for what they did so the next time developers get the go ahead to start building and they start to pave over a battlefield someone ought to make an citizens arrested and throw them all under the jail.I also know that a place I was detecting on private property a gentleman showed up and asked the home owner why I was detecting and she asked who he was and his reply was he was documenting old farms from the 1700s. Turns out he was an ******* archeologist and he thought it was wrong that I had been taking artifacts from her property even after she said she did not care. So after he left I asked who he was an she said besides an archeologist he was a builder .Well I pulled up his web site and boy what a surprise he had bottles very old imbedded in his brick breezeway that he had taken from various home sites and all types of relics and then he was telling me I was wrong . I guess with his title and degree its dose not matter for he is immune to do what ever he wants.vanzutphen

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like it or not the law is the law, they only harm our hobby when they illegally hunt.

Thread is also 2 years old.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread