Civil war finds in wv

Nomadnailer

Apr 6, 2011
Montrose, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i with dx-1 sunray probe, Whites xlt, Tesoro lobo st,
I found a lot in Beverly WVa that was a Blacksmiths shop in the 18th century and was a confederate prison during the civil war I've been able to detect it for about three hours total and I keep finding artifacts every time I change direction the lot is around three acres all together. The owner told me that his brothers and some of there friends have been hitting the property for thirty years or so and said I probably wouldn't find much. I told him I understood and said I would still like to try and I told him I would show him everything that I found. When I asked about their detectors they were probably the same ones they had thirty year ago which is cool but not very productive. I started out with my Whites Spectra V3i and worked about an hour the first day. I got 7 bullets, 3 heel taps, a harmonica reed and a 1902 barber dime in mint condition. The owner came over when I was done and I showed him my finds and he couldn't believe it he said his brothers hadn't found more than a bullet each time they hunted the property for years they thought it was dug out I explained to him that places are rarely dug out and that new detectors make properties virgin territory again. The next time I went I used my Whites Spectrum XLT and it was amazing I found 11more bullets in an hour, the neighbor came over to see how I was doing and we talked for a bit and he told me I could hunt his property any time I wanted. I was ready to leave but figured I better at least make a showing so I made a pass and found a handcuff key from the 19th century my first step in his yard. It's been interesting so far

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions