d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the right hand picture the top two bullets on the right, the first one appears to be some type of cleaner bullet the second one looks like a carbine bullet of some type. They appear to be Civil War era. The four under them, the first two are .45-70 bullets and next to those look like bullets later than the Civil War. The rim fire cases I havent a clue. I am just guessing on these...d2

OP
OP
J

Jumpmaster

Tenderfoot
Jun 29, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
D2,

Thanks for the feedback. The Springfield 45-70s I was sure of due to the Indian wars out here. As far as the cleaner type and the other pre-Indian war rounds, they just seem out of place. And I have note confirmed the Id. I was told the cleaner looks like a type III, but had no idea about the other. Only thing I know about the non fired rounds on the left are that they are pre 1880s due to not having a head stamp. Much after that, no idea.

Thanks again!

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
I have found several types of rounds here in Oklahoma. Some seem very logical to the history of the area and others do not. Any help would be great!

The four cartridges are typical military rounds of the Indian Wars era.

Starting with the far left is a 50-70.
The next appears to be a Spencer in the .50 caliber range.
The remaining two are .45 Colt cartridges.

Spats

May 8, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a Colt pistol bullet next to the Williams cleaner. And maybe a Sharps carbine bullet in right picture, second bullet from the right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread