Please help ID Civil War items

apbroker

Greenie
Sep 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I live in Northern California and recently found a great spot with lots of Civil War relics ie, buttons, buckles etc. But I have came across some stuff I can not identify. I will add photos and any help would be appreciated. The faces are stamped are are about 1 1/2" x 2 1/4. The iron ball has a diameter of about 4 1/4" and the other thing is 1 3/4" long. Thanks!! IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0128.JPG

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Hi Ap, welcome aboard.
The two stamped brass relief items appear to represent Grant (left) and Lee. Likely from some post-war commercial product.
Don't know what the brass cigar thing is, but looks like a piece of art work
The iron ball has odd uneven wear, and might be a crusher ball commonly found around rock crushers. Or it might be a 12 lb solid shot cannon ball that has had some of the iron slake off. If I remember correctly, 12 ponder balls are usually about 4.7" in diameter.
Lets see some photos of the CW relics that you dug ("buttons, buckles").
John

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
1st - Noticed this is your very first post apbroker - so, Welcome Aboard! If ya haven't already - take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. 2nd - real nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions