Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are cannon balls worth

Just wondering what cannon balls are worth? I found three of them ,a 4 pounder ,a 6 pounder and a large one that had a wood plug in it .I had to take the powder out . Some one asked me the other day what they are worth and I said that I have no clue. The two smaller ones are solid . They all came from a 1793 battle site in Germany . It was great I had the whole battle field to detect! ;D Best time in my life. Thanks for the information in advance.

Attachments

• Jan21$01cannonball.jpg
    Jan21$01cannonball.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,739
  • Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 25,693
  • Jan21$01cannonball.jpg
    Jan21$01cannonball.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 25,400

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Re: What are cannon balls worth

They're worth what someone will pay for them.

Seriously.

They could be worth something to a museum or a collector or they could be your newest paperweights.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have cannonballs from the American Civil War that were excavated. A 6 pounder- solid shot will run around $200 6 pounder-case shot-$400-500......12 pounder,depending on whether solid shot or case shot will vary. I would say that with a fuse it would fetch around $500-$700 but without a fuse (solid shot) it will drop a couple hundred in value because collectors like to look at the fuses and without one, it is just a solid piece of iron. As for 4 pounders, they had really become obsolete and hence they did not really use 4 pounders during the American Civil War but a friend bought one from a collector last year, a solid shot, for $175.....

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks much Sentinel! That does help. I don't want to sell any thing but just wanted to know for conversation. Really good infomation. ;) Now my wife is going to want me to sell them LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread