Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My Minelab Sovereign works fine now i put the Minelab 1000 Tornado coil and it was fine. The Sunray 12 inch aftermarket does not work as good as the Minelab coil in all metal. So i talked to ..Two diffrent persons that sell and repair detectors and they both said when you buy any aftermarket coil for any detector you take your chances . They said you are better off useing a coil made by the detector manfacturer than a after market coil . A lot of after market coils are in use and work fine but you have a bigger chance of getting a bad one than if you use a detector manfacture coil. The Sunray coil works but not the way i think it should. Now you could think this coil works fine. But i am real pickey every thing has to be 100 % to my likeing........................................................... ==Jim_K==

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right on about manufactures coils. The coils must be calibrated for each detector at the factory. Many makers just skip this test to save money. The only after market coils I trust are the ones by Coiltek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread