Advantage help

GaCracker

Feb 13, 2005
A problem that I have always had with the Advantage is falsing. I run the sensitivity as high as I can before it starts to get noisy. When the unit is what seems to be perfectly ground balanced it falses every time the coil hits a small bush or twig. I found that by turning the GB a little counterclockwise (more negative?) it seems to help. But then I am not perfectly ground balanced. It happens with both 10" and 8" coils, so I don't think it is a coil problem. Anyone have any help with this?

sniper19612003

Mar 9, 2005
North East Pennsylvainia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer/ White's MXT
Just for peace of mind, if i were you I would call Minelab up and ask them about it. It might be in the box. I never had that problem with my Musketeer so it wouldn't hurt to call them. They are very helpful with questions you might have. I hope it's an easy fix for you. Keep me informed on how you make out.

Sniper

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had tesoros that would do that. It has to do with your sensitivity settings. You must be swinging pretty good when it happens. I would turn adjust your sens as you normally would and try a bit slower swing in those brushy areas. I noticed it while searching and area that has been brush hogged, small saplings and such about 3 inches out of the ground would cause it on mine.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea what is wrong. I have had mine for a little over a year and have had no problems with it. Mine has been running great......................... ==Jim_K==

Jeff Beecham

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2008
Does it do the same thing when in the PreSet GB mode??

In my soil, West Tennessee, I can set my Musky just a little "positive"...
In other words when you lower the coil to the ground you get a little
increase in the threshold tone as you approach the ground... Not much
of an increase but a little.. This and running a strong but not "too much"
sensitivity should fix the falsing issue or it does for me....

HH, Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread