Prospecting Mode with the X-terra 70

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guess I didn't really understand prospecting mode before. I've gone into that mode to help pinpoint deep targets, but haven't used it to hunt with. Today I was playing around in the test garden out back and I noticed that prospecting mode will give back different tonal qualities on different targets. My question is, how good is this tonal difference? I know its one tone, but like the Tesoros it seems this can give back different qualities in that one tone. Can you learn to tell the difference between the tone iron gives off, versus non-ferrous? If so, then I don't need to bring along my Tesoro to get max depth in all metal and the X-terra will give better depth with the 10.5 MF DD than my MXT ever did with the stock coil.

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Well as you know you can set your iron mask to disc out really small iron. But the prospecting mode does have a language similar to the Tesoros, although I think it's harder to learn. And of course you can tell the size of the target in prospecting mode, and I've found that to be a good indicator as to what the target might be, especially in relic hunting. But I've gotta be honest: my Tejon isn't as deep as my 70 in all metal mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread