Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve G. said:
Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but could you please tell me what the differences are between the Minelab Sovereign Elite and the GT. I have a chance to buy an Elite, but I don't know if I should wait for a GT or what a fair price is for the Elite.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Go into yahoo or google and put in.. sovereignmods .. no www and no .com just sovereignmods and then click on ...... index or sovereignmods what ever comes on the top sometimes it is index & sometimes it is sovereignmods........you will get a lot of info there...........

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 915
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 784

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Just from what I understand is this, and I could be completely wrong here...
They are essentially the same machines.

1. The Elite has a Beach setting the GT does not.
2. The GT has a Silent Search switch the Elite does not.
3. The GT has a Pinpoint setting switch the Elite does not, although you can switch the Elite out of disc. to all metal mode and do the same thing.
4. The Elite has the LED Screen, which you can get for the GT I believe. I personally dont use the screen much as I rely on tone more than anything. Once you get used to the sounds you know what your digging anyway without the aid of the screen, believe me I know the sound of a Ring over a coin!!!!

Other than that I dont see much difference in the two. Both are awsome machines that you wont be disappointed and will want to use each time you go out. I think its gonna boil down to which one you can get the best deal on. If Im correct the GT is newer so It will obviously be a bit more expensive than the Elite. Ive seen the Elites from $300 on up. I traded for mine but the Guy was asking $550.00 and I would have gladly paid him for it as I think this thing is worth its weight in gold on the beach!
Hope all this helps...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The first Sovereign was called the sovereign plain & simple..Now refered to as the...First Sovereign..then came the XS series The XS...XS2Pro... XS2APro....Elite.. and then the GT.. they are all basically the same they put some more switches on them that were not worth any thing the only 2 that had a iron mask switch on them to switch iron mask on or off were the first sovereign and the GT .But they still had some iron mask on them to some extent with iron mask off.......they all take the same ID meters and they all take the same coils...I had the first Sovereign and the GT but now use the Sovereign XS.........They all pinpoint by going into all metal but after you use them for a time you can pinpoint with out going into all metal..... Now to me the Sovereign no matter what one is the best detector Minelab made or makes or any one makes but that is just my opinion and a lot of others opinion also.....................And on the ID or LED meter they are all add on's you have to buy extra for all the Sovereigns . None come with it unless you you buy one when you buy the detector...............

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 875
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 794
OP
OP
S

Steve G.

Feb 4, 2007
Dallas Oregon
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3
Great help and great explanations. I really appreciate all your help. Now to work out a decent deal. Thanks Guys!

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
**If your interested you can see my thoughts about the add on meter in the "Torn between the Two" thread. Personally, I think its a waste of money, and additional weight, thats only my opinion.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if i could find that ..PATRIOT METER.. for my Sovereign i would buy it with out a second thought...

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 3,811
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 775
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 772
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 3,537
  • patriot.gif
    patriot.gif
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 4e67_1.jpg
    4e67_1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,308

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve G. said:
Do they sell these anywhere? It does look great!
Nope do not sell them anywere they quit makeing them a few years back. The cost of them was over $300.00 and did not sell enought to keep them makeing the meter . I got a Email from Joe Patrick the owner of the Electrontics Co. that made them last week and he said the only way to get one now is find a used one......

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 958
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 723
OP
OP
S

Steve G.

Feb 4, 2007
Dallas Oregon
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3
That is a shame, but $300 is a big chunk of change to fork out :o. But it is much more readable.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve G. said:
That is a shame, but $300 is a big chunk of change to fork out :o. But it is much more readable.
Yes .. This Multi featured analog meter... Is much more readable and more reliable. Myself i have always thought that the analog meters were more reliable & accurate than the digital meters especially how the display is layed out on the patriot they did not miss a thing. Makes the digital display look sick after useing this patriot....................................................................But for a good used one they still sell for around $300.00 i heard !!!!!!!

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 756
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 735

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am primarily a beach hunter, but I do some land hunting. I have the Patriot metor, and I personally like it a lot, I had the Sun Ray and sold it when I was finely able to find a good used Patriot. It took me 9 months to find one.

Finding a Patriot some one is willing to sell is like looking for a gold hen's tooth in the ocean though. I paid $175 for mine, it was used, but it looked brand new when I got it, and worked perfectly. I love the back light on it. I do not use it on the beach, but have used it several times on land and to me it was a good investment, plus at what it cost me, I know if I wanted to sell it I could get most if not all of my money back....

I use either my Whites 6000 Pro XL or my Sovereign GT with the Patriot meter, in combination with a DetectorPro Uniprobe and the Ez-Dig-R II when I land hunt. When I am done you can't even tell I was ever there....

Good luck and good hunting.............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a Patroit Meter it is in the mail to me now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 731
  • patriot.gif
    patriot.gif
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,656
  • patriot.gif
    patriot.gif
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,045
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 735

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a mint Explorer XS I would trade for a Gt. I have a coiltek 15" all terrain coil for it also. I haven't used either. Love my 3 sovereign Elites. Want a GT also

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is over 6 years old..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TH .. It is a old thread and the SOVEREIGN MOD web site has been taken down a long time ago to bad it was a good site on the Sovereign...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have a patriot meter..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread