safari settings

turkeybuck

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playedwith my Safari today. Spent about 3 to 4 hours digging nails, scrapiron, bottle caps and found 4 regular penny’s. My problem or issuewith the safari is I am trying to figure out why the Safari gives medifferent VDI readouts at different depth's for same object, like aburied penny? I did some experimenting and found this to be true atdifferent depths. Allot of difference. I buried a penny and knew itwas there at 6 inches and it read like trash. Thing s that say silverlike the concrete patio??? I know there is re-bare in concrete, andit sounds dumb to even be checking it out with a metal detector, butafter digging what I thought was silver after checking in coin andall metal and getting the same saying silver, then digging a bentrusted nail. All I have ever found was penny’s. It will find apenny like a magnet to steel. I also hate digging and chasing atarget from one side of the hole to the other and then find nothing.Check all the dirt and the hole and there is no signal anymore???

turkeybuck

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I will make my text smaller next time, I made it large so I could see it in spell check at office writer.org and forgot to downsize it before pasting, LOL

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own Quattro. Usually go slow with overlapping swings listening to conductive sounds in low trash. If the numbers don't match the sound, two objects are combining for on average number. Going back and forth over an object that sounds different going one direction than the other is probably 2objects. Turning 90 degrees could isolate the 2. Will readily change to high trash and manually adjust gain with 8 inch DD. I switch to relic to verify. Reading the same good number with repeatable ferris sound is always dug. On my machine nickels are 15. Dimes and quarters and dollars 37 & 38. I often blank out 18 & 19 to reduce heavy pull tab counts in my area.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Safari setup

Sensitivity setup. On my soil out here i am often running below 6 on sensitivity. Hate the auto it is no good here. Have always run my sovereigns on manual here adjusting it to suit sounds. I have noted that even with the "FBS800" coil with sensitivity on either 3 or 4 don't recall for sure which i was on. That I have found aluminum soda pop cans at 13 inches + some places, so I don't believe the machine is suffering any serious depth loss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions