What Machine for Mytrle Beach

Ed66

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
There is only 1 choice here and it is the sovereign. The sov can handle the salt light years better than the ace and alot better than the x70 even in beach mode.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Sovereign GT all the way with a Sunray 12.5" coil and Sunray probe works for me. The Sovereign is stable as can be on wet or dry sand. A dream machine on the beach in my opinion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With out a doubt the Sovereign with the WOT coil is the way to go. I have a WOT on both of my Sovereigns, they can't be beat on the beach.....

If there is any wind you might take off the Sayray probe, the salt spray may not be good for it. You will find it is very easy to pinpont with the WOT on the beach, the old "X" method works great. Just take a good scoop with you. The 15 inch WOT will make it easy to cover a lot more beach and they are hot coils too.

Good luck and good hunting. :icon_thumright:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
With out a doubt the Sovereign with the WOT coil is the way to go. I have a WOT on both of my Sovereigns, they can't be beat on the beach.....

If there is any wind you might take off the Sayray probe, the salt spray may not be good for it. You will find it is very easy to pinpont with the WOT on the beach, the old "X" method works great. Just take a good scoop with you. The 15 inch WOT will make it easy to cover a lot more beach and they are hot coils too.

Good luck and good hunting. :icon_thumright:

You are right, I always cover my unit, including the pinpointer box, with plastic bags, because that salt spray can get anywhere, not to mention the sand!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread