DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I still own my Minelab Xterra 50...havent been out much this year, but I usually just use it on pattern 1. I got someone who wants me to help her find her class ring and I really wanna be able to find it for her. So I was wondering if working in all metal mode gives better readings on things. I like the idea that I can reject the negative signals cuz those most likely wont be a ring. I've just had a problem with it lately where it works fine at first, but then it will start falsing a lot and i change the noise cancel on it and it doesnt help. Any suggestions are appreciated

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was lost recently it will probably be right on top. I would knock my sens'. way down and GB correctly. I would probably use AM and check out all surface hits. Good Luck. Don't forget to noise cancel also.

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I also have an X-terra 50 and like it very much.
If the area is very trashy, then you should use all metal mode and swing slowly while listening at each signal.
I checked my class ring to see what ID# came up.
It is a size 10 and it reads 27 on the scale.
Depending on the size, the ring you're looking for may come in at a lower number.
As already stated by others, lower your sensitivity if the ring was lost recently.
Good luck,
Felix

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was lost 40 years ago...and the area it was lost in has flooded a couple times

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread