older minelab ft 16000 izzit any good ?

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
It was a pretty good prospecting machine when it first came out and if working properly it would keep up with some of todays machines. FT stood for fast tracking. I used a xt 17000 which replaced the 16000 and it was a decent machine.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go to minelabs web site they are a lot nicer now than the old one. Click on products..then in the search box ..type in manual ft 16000 a list of all the manuals for every Minelab detector ever made will come up click on ft 16000 and read all about it ... now in the search box dont just put in manual .. put in manual and a detector model in it any model will bring them up .... some times a list will come up with 4 choices click on any one to get manuals.... also above the search box you will see ..product archive it has a picture and a little about every detector they have made... I really like there web site now a lot better than the old one.............................MINELAB WIGGLE.....

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 466
  • wiggle.gif
    wiggle.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 957
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 456
  • wiggle.gif
    wiggle.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 804

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
They are good machines if you can get a small 6 inch coil for it they are great for tiny gold. seeya Neilo :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
To answer your question yes it is a good detector i had one got it new in 1992.... :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread