The New Meter For Sovereign GT From The Original Maker Of The Patriot Meter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would save a lot of weight on the shaft when you also have a inline probe mounted on the shaft. I have since moved everything to a neck mount. Bulky, but it works.

Below is what you have now.

Attachments

• S-1_ELITE-_CLOSE_UP2.jpg
    S-1_ELITE-_CLOSE_UP2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,385
  • S-1_ELITE-_CLOSE_UP2.jpg
    S-1_ELITE-_CLOSE_UP2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,330
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Price is $159 plus shipping. You send in your Sovereign, plus the coil you will use with it....Currently not modding the Elite or GT model yet, but will be doing so soon per Joe who I contacted today.....

I currently have his Lighted Patriot model, and love it. It is extremely hard to find one, it is easier to find hens teeth in the bottom of your scoop.....

Irontask

Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab/ Explorer ll/ Sovereign/ Tesoro Tiger Shark
The meter would be OK if you used the binocular harness.For me I like the line of sight of a Sunray DTll mounted on the rod asm.Think about it the coordination of the wiggle and seeing the meter at the same time are important.Though a good idea to have a built in meter on the Sovereign its still an awkward proposition. HH Ron

sunsetnkc

May 16, 2010
North Kansas City
Looks like a terrible location, with 95% of users rear mounting their control box, the meter will be pointing to the rear behind your elbow. It may be alright if it was in a seperate little case that you could remote mount someplace like allother meters are mounted. Like by your grip hand.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sunsetnkc said:
Looks like a terrible location, with 95% of users rear mounting their control box, the meter will be pointing to the rear behind your elbow. It may be alright if it was in a seperate little case that you could remote mount someplace like allother meters are mounted. Like by your grip hand.

I don't believe 95% of Sovereign users rear mount their control box, at least I know I don't....It is an after market mod, and you know ahead of time where meter is located ahead of time so not a problem for those who buy it.....

The Patriot meter is a great meter, no longer sold, I still own one........ :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread