Explorer progression

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone tell me what the first (Minelab) Explorer was called, and then the order of progression since then?

Last year I purchased a very well used XS to see how I would like it. Even though I had to spend some money to get it working to my satisfaction. (Broken lower shaft, bad coil, battery problems. etc..), This detector performed great and was worth the investment to fix it up. I have since purchased an Explorer SE Pro.

The last new detector that I bought was a Fisher CZ6. That was twenty years ago! I figured it was about time to upgrade. I believe in getting to know your detector inside and out before giving up on it.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the first one was the S, then the XS, then the II, and then the SE. I beleive that is how it goes.

Mainer

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
I think the first one was the S, then the XS, then the II, and then the SE. I beleive that is how it goes.

Mainer

S and XS were released at the same time. But everyone was buying the XS, so S was dropped.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go into Minelabs web site they have listed every detector they have made from the first to the last . And in order... Plus they have all the instruction manuals in there also that you can read or copy.

OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for the information!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread