Problem with Excal.II on/off knob

BeachHugger

Sep 13, 2006
When I turn the detector off until it clicks and goes silent....it still will turn about 1/8 turn and cut back on again.
I have to be sure the knob is left in that small space, otherwise it will not stayed turned off.

Anybody else have this problem..and I won't even have to mention replacing the darn knobs...

Does Minelab have an 800 number..

Thanks, for any opinions and assistance.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab does not pay for a 800 number, but can be reached at 1-702-891-8809 or you can email them at [email protected]

I have never had this problem and this is the first one of these I heard of.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to have the pinpoint/disc switch on mine replaced last year. It was doing something similar too where it would keep twisting. (It was like that when I bought it, a used Excal 1000)

Minelab fixed it. The switch was around $10, plus labor, plus shipping. They also had to change out my headphones too so it ran me about $150 including pressure sealing and testing it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the knob keeps turning past the off position it sounds like the pod is bad, if you call them they are going to tell you to ship it to them in Vegas. I would get it fixed before the beach season starts up...

OP
OP
B

BeachHugger

Sep 13, 2006
thanks for all the help...beach season for me on the obx is winter months...will send the detector off after April, I guess. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread