Nice chat with Minelabusa marketing

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Hey guys, I had an interesting chat with MinelabUSA Marketing dept.

We spoke briefly about some of the events that Minelab puts on in Europe and if they had any plans for us here in the US. She said not to expect a major push on marketing or events until next year but in 2011 there is going to be some really cool coming as far as a social event. I am not going to disclose it but will say, I'm going and I can't wait!
She also mentioned that Minelab supports dealer sponsored events an does some club visits on occasion. She is interested in small clubs just as much as the larger groups.

I asked her if she knew Kirstin Gum from Cash for Treasures and she did and then mentioned for me to stay tuned as a new series on the Discovery channel will air a team of treasure hunters diving for relics in and around the Florida area using their products this fall! So there is apparently a lot in the works. I think we are in for some exciting things to come.

She also apologized to those who are waiting on parts or detectors (like me), but things are finally starting to flow but they got an enormous demand for products. (a nice problem to have)

They will also be updating their website making it more interactive for us as well. As I ended the call I had a great feeling about being a Minelab owner and excited about the new things to come.
:hello2:

KYBourbon

May 24, 2009
White House, TN
Detector(s) used
MXT, F2, F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to hear - I'm in the market for a new E-Trac and have already run into local dealers not having them on hand (Kellyco is out of stock also as of Monday....) Gives me confidence that I'll have support after the purchase if needed.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
iv been in contact with 4 diff people at Minelab on a weekly basis and as much as i love Minelab's ..im NOT happy with there costumer service! iv been told i would get my new Excal ll soon,that has been there answer from Dec 28th 2009 .i paid cash in full and as of today its still not here! i really do think from my own use of many detectors that the Minelabs were much better detectors BUT, if you cant get one,then they are worthless arent they! they told me they normally sell about 40 a month in the winter and lately that demand has jumped to 140 so they need to ramp up there production. if i dont get it soon i will cancel my order and either buy a used one or go to next best Fisher CZ21.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello2: Great things are coming I assure you.
With the new arrival of Gary Schafer :headbang: (our new Vice President)
some awesome things are already taking place. He is very easy to talk to and supportive!
The wonderful person you spoke with was Ena Valle :hello:
She has a super personality and is always willing to help! :icon_thumleft:
And she keeps her promises. :)

Thank You Ena!
Mike, Maggie and Samantha
All Around Asheville

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
:hello2: Great things are coming I assure you.
With the new arrival of Gary Schafer :headbang: (our new Vice President)
some awesome things are already taking place. He is very easy to talk to and supportive!
The wonderful person you spoke with was Ena Valle :hello:
She has a super personality and is always willing to help! :icon_thumleft:
And she keeps her promises. :)

Thank You Ena!
Mike, Maggie and Samantha
All Around Asheville

I have talked to Ena on several ocassions, she is super :icon_thumright:

Dixie Digger said:
iv been in contact with 4 diff people at Minelab on a weekly basis and as much as i love Minelab's ..im NOT happy with there costumer service! iv been told i would get my new Excal ll soon,that has been there answer from Dec 28th 2009 .i paid cash in full and as of today its still not here! i really do think from my own use of many detectors that the Minelabs were much better detectors BUT, if you cant get one,then they are worthless arent they! they told me they normally sell about 40 a month in the winter and lately that demand has jumped to 140 so they need to ramp up there production. if i dont get it soon i will cancel my order and either buy a used one or go to next best Fisher CZ21.

Dixie get you a good used Excal till your Excal II comes in, that way you will have a back up, and or a loaner when friends visit, you CAN ALWAYS SELL IT for what you have in it if you decide you don't want it when your new one gets here..............I paid $475 for the last used Excal I bought and it arrived in perfect working order. I then put a used WOT coil on it and a custom shaft. I have $600 in it now, and know with out a doubt I could sell it on one of the boards, or put it on EBay and sell it for more then what I have in it.

Good luck! :icon_thumright:

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
Ena has been very nice to talk to and very understanding of the production problems.she has gone the extra mile for me.its not her problem Minelab cant keep up. its my fault as i should have kept the last 4 Excal's i had.LOL! one thing for sure, you will have to pry my cold dead hands from my Sovereign's iv got!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
Ena has been very nice to talk to and very understanding of the production problems.she has gone the extra mile for me.its not her problem Minelab cant keep up. its my fault as i should have kept the last 4 Excal's i had.LOL! one thing for sure, you will have to pry my cold dead hands from my Sovereign's iv got!

I thought you use to have an Excal......Why in the world did you get rid of all of them :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread