Just bought a new Safari..... Any Tips?

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Congrats!
Your going to love it.

Learn that 38 tone, when you get it make sure there is no null around it an when you pinpoint a coin will be very small as you swoop by it. If the coin is deeper then it will seem a little larger as you pinpoint.

Do an x pinpoint, learn the short "wiggle" to confirm a target.

and... go get a bigger shovel, your going to be digging deeper holes!

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
I've got a Safari on order from 4-H, so I'd be grateful for any wisdom as well. Good luck Glenn, and keep us posted on your finds...

OP
OP
LowBag

LowBag

Greenie
Apr 22, 2010
Melbourne, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Johnnie

Thanks for that.. As a matter of fact, I hit a 38 in a ball park and pulled a quarter from 7" down. I only have about 1.5 hours using it, so I'm sure I will really start to understand the tones. Tomorrow I have all morning and afternoon to play with it and learn a little more of it's nuances.

Glenn

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Cool, and listen for that little tremelo sound to it, sometimes it's silver when you hear that.

Neswiper did a nice demo of a clad vs silver on youtube with his Etrac

But here is a video of me digging a mercury dime start to finish.
The video starts just after our first rest break.

RigDean

Sep 6, 2008
1.5 hrs and digging 7" deep coins :thumbsup: You will be the one giving tips before you know it! ;D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RigDean said:
1.5 hrs and digging 7" deep coins :thumbsup: You will be the one giving tips before you know it! ;D

7" .... that's a surface hit! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
LowBag

LowBag

Greenie
Apr 22, 2010
Melbourne, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Well, the Safari has really paid off. I have dug tons of coins (all new ones), but I have also recovered some in excess of 12" down. I first thought it was false, but the coin eventually showed up.

I haven't found any jewelery yet, but I have stayed mainly to parks, dry sand, and field parking areas. I have acquired a water scoop so I'm going to start some shallow water low tide hunting.

Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions