Minelab Safari On The Beach...

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Excals "own the beach" lol...but it's very good i'm told. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

miser

Good to hear. But I'm also seeing a lot of disturbing posts about Minelab machines malfunctioning and the customer service in getting them fixed is lousy.

Any Minelab owners out there with thoughts on the subject?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The machine is stable on the sand. :icon_thumleft:
However, I hate to admit, customer service in the past has been a big concern.
Fortunately, Minelab is just weeks away from opening another shop in Illinois.
I know for a fact that the efforts from cooperate are sincere to improve past issues with customer service.

halfstep

May 11, 2010
miser said:
Good to hear. But I'm also seeing a lot of disturbing posts about Minelab machines malfunctioning and the customer service in getting them fixed is lousy.

Any Minelab owners out there with thoughts on the subject?

I haven't seen a lot of post about minelabs giving trouble. I am in the market for a new detector and am looking at the safari so I have been looking. I have read about that the customer service is having some problems but should be better soon.

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I really like mine. Every time I detect with it I get better and better and find more valuable stuff.
Now I need to train my ear for Double Eagles ;-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned 3 Excals and still own 2 of them, also currently own 2 Sov GTs, had a couple trips to repairs dept last year, one for bad headphones and once because I cracked a coil. Both trips were there and back in under 4 weeks including shipping time.

Most of the complaints you hear about are people sending them in and expecting them back in 10 days. There is only one Minelab repair location in the country and if your sending one in durring the height of Minelabs repair work season it will have a longer repair time. I have read several complaints where people knew they had a problem, but waited till their detecting season was about to start to send it in to get it fixed, then they complain because they don't have it back right away. One even stated he knew in October he had a problem, but didn't send it in till April for work to be done, then complained when they told him it would be 21 working days.....

Yes lately there have been issues wih not getting a return call when told you would, big deal, call them back again...... Yes recently they are slow in replying to an email sometimes but so what.....Email again or call them.....They are currently moving some manufactoring facilities and there have been problems with shortages for some detectors due to the demands for gold machines overseas, but they are being worked out.

At least your not waiting a year to get a water detector fixed because they don't have the water-proof part......... :laughing9:

Wayupnorth66

Mar 26, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have owned 3 Excals and still own 2 of them, also currently own 2 Sov GTs, had a couple trips to repairs dept last year, one for bad headphones and once because I cracked a coil. Both trips were there and back in under 4 weeks including shipping time.

Most of the complaints you hear about are people sending them in and expecting them back in 10 days. There is only one Minelab repair location in the country and if your sending one in durring the height of Minelabs repair work season it will have a longer repair time. I have read several complaints where people knew they had a problem, but waited till their detecting season was about to start to send it in to get it fixed, then they complain because they don't have it back right away. One even stated he knew in October he had a problem, but didn't send it in till April for work to be done, then complained when they told him it would be 21 working days.....

Yes lately there have been issues wih not getting a return call when told you would, big deal, call them back again...... Yes recently they are slow in replying to an email sometimes but so what.....Email again or call them.....They are currently moving some manufactoring facilities and there have been problems with shortages for some detectors due to the demands for gold machines overseas, but they are being worked out.

At least your not waiting a year to get a water detector fixed because they don't have the water-proof part......... :laughing9:

Well said !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread