Minelab Quattro MP . Why out of production so soon??

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Olegrumpy said:
Hi all,

Sweep the blue thing too.

Only issue to me is weight. It stops me to put a larger coil on it.

The iffy signals are indeed proof of an existing, very deep target. the depth being in relation with it's conductivity/shape.

I recently found a 22 ct pendant this way. It was 5 to 6" deep.

I also use a Sovereign GT, depending on the parts of the beach I hunt. The GT in stock configuration is deeper than the Quattro, but the Q finds smaller gold.

If I ever sold my quattro, the reason would be too heavy for me old bones.

HH
Your right they are heavy i forgot about that........

Dr.Jones

Aug 19, 2005
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Keppy said:
Olegrumpy said:
Hi all,

Sweep the blue thing too.

Only issue to me is weight. It stops me to put a larger coil on it.

The iffy signals are indeed proof of an existing, very deep target. the depth being in relation with it's conductivity/shape.

I recently found a 22 ct pendant this way. It was 5 to 6" deep.

I also use a Sovereign GT, depending on the parts of the beach I hunt. The GT in stock configuration is deeper than the Quattro, but the Q finds smaller gold.

If I ever sold my quattro, the reason would be too heavy for me old bones.

HH
Your right they are heavy i forgot about that........

haha ya your right they are heavy. i dont notice it as im 6'5 265. but i let my gf use it this past weekend and i used her ace 250 as she was complaining about me finding everything. all of 10 minutes she wanted to switch because it was soooo heavy lol. def a weighty machine.

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I have a couple a safari's. One thing that some user's of the quattro get confused about is that the recovery speed is actually faster than most think. What is slow is the display changing from one target to the next if the targets are very close to each other. But if you listen to the sound, it will beep on targets that are very close to each other. If you lay 2 dimes on the ground several inches apart and quickly swing the coil over both, it will beep on both targets but the display may not change it's reading unless you slow down. With my safari, I learn to quickly lift the coil about a foot or so to clear it if I am hitting a lot of close targets. Using a lot of disc seems to slow the machine down some. With either the safari or the quattro, learn to listen to the sounds and use the display to help determine what a good sounding target may be.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the trouble with treasure forums some one will knock a detector then one's that never used that detector jump in and knock that detector .. But they never used the detector it is just all hear say they are coming up with….I had a Quattro a while back and sold it … Then wished i would have kept it …. But now i just found another Quattro and bought it ….

razerback408

Dec 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the trouble with treasure forums some one will knock a detector then one's that never used that detector jump in and knock that detector .. But they never used the detector it is just all hear say they are coming up with….I had a Quattro a while back and sold it … Then wished i would have kept it …. But now i just found another Quattro and bought it ….

you just got a quattro me to i got my quattro for 400.00 looks new with little use got a sef 10x12 coil for 110.00 i bet i have as much fun as every one else :icon_thumright: ps i wont another inch sounds like my ex get a bigger coil

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
you just got a quattro me to i got my quattro for 400.00 looks new with little use got a sef 10x12 coil for 110.00 i bet i have as much fun as every one else :icon_thumright:
… You will if you like the detector you have it is always fun to use it …Good price on that coil ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions