Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gradually lower your disc. over time and use the "wiggle"!

OP
OP
Detectorfreak74

Detectorfreak74

Jul 2, 2010
UTAH
THX but what do you mean lower my sensitivity or my coil or discrimination I am not savvy with tech stuff thx Iron. :dontknow: :help: :notworthy: ???

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
erubio74 said:
THX but what do you mean lower my sensitivity or my coil or discrimination I am not savvy with tech stuff thx Iron. :dontknow: :help: :notworthy: ???

Does the Safari have an Ironmask setting like an Explorer? If so, that is your discrimination, and the lower you set it, and learn it, the better targets will come through helping you find more. If you drop to low right away it will probably make a lot of extra noise and confuse you. The idea is to let the detector see most of the targets in the ground and let your ears do the sorting of what to dig.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
erubio74 said:

Does the Safari have an Ironmask setting like an Explorer? If so, that is your discrimination, and the lower you set it, and learn it, the better targets will come through helping you find more. If you drop to low right away it will probably make a lot of extra noise and confuse you. The idea is to let the detector see most of the targets in the ground and let your ears do the sorting of what to dig.
I've always tried to figure how to put it into writing like that I.P! :icon_biggrin:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Iron Patch said:
erubio74 said:

I've always tried to figure how to put it into writing like that I.P! :icon_biggrin:

Bad news... I have copyrights for that text. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread