XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is different but only in the way you set it up. Some guys like to run it in Auto sens. and others depending on location want to dial in more sens for depth and put up with the occasional pop from the surf. I run mine with as close to zero disc as I can get it since it ignores iron that isn't to large. Some like to run it in Pinpoint which is All Metal and switch to Disc to check out the target.

I feel this is a waste of time as since you will then get all targets responding why not just use a PI for the greater depth with the same size coil. Once you switch over to disc to see if it isn't iron you then dig it anyway if it makes a beep. You can try to id the tones if you feel you have a good enough ear, but if it makes a sound that is repeatable, I dig.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• max\'s settings.jpg
    max\'s settings.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,079

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Great detector, start simple and tweek as you go. Around the fresh water lakes and ponds I use auto sensitive and 2 or 3 disc. Around the ocean I will tweek the sensitivity a little to try and give me more depth. You will figure it out easy enough, congrats!

pongo

May 6, 2009
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Whites
My advice is save up for another one so you have a backup in case Minelab has to fix this one!

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
crevias said:
I JUST PURCAHSED MYSELF AN EXCALIBUR 1000 FROM POPPA YESTERDAY. I LIKE SOME INSIGHT ON HOW THE MACHINE WORKS. I HAVE AN EXPLORER SE SO I KNOW HOW THE MINELABS WORK, JUST WONDERING IF EXCAL IS ANY DIFFERENT. ANY RESPONSE IS WELCOME. :headbang:
Just use it. Use it on land, use it in the water. Eventually you will learn the sounds it makes and get really good at ID'ing the targets as you sweep. I can ID just about any coin and am still stuck digging tabs sometimes. They sound so good.

The Excalibur is different than the Explorers and any other Minelab except the Sovereign which the Excalibur is based on. The Excalibur is excellent at nulling Iron and steel so if you are in a trashy area with lots of iron, then the Excalibur is my choice although the E-trac is a great machine in that type of area too.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best advice is get out there and practice practice and more practice.. when you find your first gold you will get such a awesome feeling of kicking butt, total satisfaction and be happy dancing round your scooper.. I loveeeeeee my excal so much am getting another ( just in case I have to send it in for repairs.. I would go NUTS without it.) do the time to learn it.. and ya won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

Dec 6, 2007
Maryville, Tenn
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pongo said:
My advice is save up for another one so you have a backup in case Minelab has to fix this one!

HA! MINELAB HAS AREADY TAKEN CARE OF THAT. :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions