Minelab Excalibur Questions

DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

Dec 6, 2007
Maryville, Tenn
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Excalibur out today and I noticed it doing some strange stuff. Just wondering if it is the norm. I noticed that when i would scan from side to side, the threshold would change with no warning. I could run my scoop over the coil and it would go back to normal. Start to scan again and it would do the same thing. I could go over a target and it would pick it up fine. But that threshold thing has me confused. It just came back from Minelab with repairs completed and everything was ok they said. Is this normal or not?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is normal. The threshold comes back as a different tone after a null or a accept. It has no bearing on the Excal's responding to a good target. It is covered in the manual.

OP
OP
DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

Dec 6, 2007
Maryville, Tenn
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
This is normal. The threshold comes back as a different tone after a null or a accept. It has no bearing on the Excal's responding to a good target. It is covered in the manual.

I was testing it at home and that is what it seemed like it was doing. When I went over some iron, the threshold would change to a low tone. When I went over a coin it wouls go back to high tone. I guess i will have to get used to that.

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
I'm a new Excal user and I've noticed the same thing.
It is a bit strange at first, and I still find myself looking for that high-pitched mosquito threshhold.
Like you said, I also run the coil by my scoop to reclaim that high tone when it bothers me.
HH

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
if its doing it on every swing then you prob have your sen set too high and it will false.try turning your sen down to around 12 noon. or where ever you need to to stop the falsing . dont worry you wont loose much if any depth. i run mine at 1 oclock wet/dry sand and back down to 11 am in the water.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
anything like this growel near the end is norm

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I was doing a compare of the New Excal II to the Old Yellow Headphone Excals, 800 and the 1000, Plus I had the Infinium in the contest also. This beach you can dig coins everyday of the week 24 - 7 due to it's location, the rings start mid july to early sept.......wish I lived closer, it's alittle over 2 hours away.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya.... All the good beaches are at least 2 hrs from me too.... But on the bright side, I live in the center of Florida, so either side is about the same, so it is more convenient that way.

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
I watched a few of the MD videos and watched someone "Reverse Hunting in Pin Point"?? I've been hunting with my Excal since 2002 and I've never heard of this. If I'm hunting with my disc set on 1 do I miss that much and do I really want what I miss?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Minelab Excalibur Questions.....I think that may have been one of my video's

If the way your hunting is working, and your finding the treasure, I would say don't change but.........

If your hunting with discriminate 1 your missing the junk...
AM/PP I use that style of hunting when the targets are few, and their's very little trash, {iron} on the beach. AM/PP goes deeper on most beachs, I have experenced places where it was equal depth but rare. Another reason I hunt AM/PP is the signal in AM/Pp is more of a disbursted field, which it seems the field reaches out from the sides of the coil Making a 7.5 inch coil {the 800} seem like a 9 inch coil...

The depth part video, now this is kinda new using Doc's treasure Amp showing signals that you miss, this is in Boca Roton, Florida

One other thing, about 70% of the time, when I'm in the water...deep, I hunt in discriminate..

Attachments

• am 2 disc field.gif
    am 2 disc field.gif
    96.4 KB · Views: 326

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread