Sunray X-12 coil

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had ordered one but, I was too impatient to wait on the back order.
I've heard good things about it.
I purchased the excellerator 16.5 since and haven't looked back.

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3
I have the Sunray S-12 that I use on one of my Sov GT's. I have an Excelerator 12.5" in my other GT, the Excelerator goes much deeper than the Sunray and is as more synergistic match with the GT. I can run my settings exactly like I did with the stock 10" Tornado coil. The Sunray requires more messing around with the controls to get it to work properly. I'm a beach hunter mainly on the wet sand and in the water.

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3
I must of hit a wrong button, didn't mean to underline everything. :dontknow:

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was curious about this coil as well. If the x8 is raved about so much, could we not also assume that the x12 is also top notch?

I would like to read a review by an etrac user. Anyone?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really do have to test a coil with the specific detector your going to use it on. I recommended the Sunray 12" as I liked it so much on my older Sovereign. A friend bought one for his GT and didn't like it half as much. In fact he thought it only equalled the Minelab 10 inch. On my XS-2 Pro the Sunray was by far the better choice of the two.
The same could apply with Explorer v E-Trac.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K. Brian said:
You really do have to test a coil with the specific detector your going to use it on. I recommended the Sunray 12" as I liked it so much on my older Sovereign. A friend bought one for his GT and didn't like it half as much. In fact he thought it only equalled the Minelab 10 inch. On my XS-2 Pro the Sunray was by far the better choice of the two.
The same could apply with Explorer v E-Trac.

I am a bit confused by your reply. So you're saying that you assume the x12 is a good coil for the Etrac?

I have been using the stock DD coil, but basically I am hoping that the x12 can provide greater depth.

Any Etrac user know if it does?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread