Left scoop at home hunted anyway.

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Today I was getting ready to go metal detecting at the beach and my sister called. I became distracted as I was loading the car at the same time and left my scoop behind. When I got to the beach and realized it was missing I laughed and said oh well Now I am here I will just try and see what I find anyway. I started hunting and concentrating on where the Gt was pinpointing and was able to find around 2.80 in clad in three hours. What I didn't realize at first was that I had finally learned where to pinpoint with my wot. I guess the extra concentration was what did it. I had slowed down my hunting speed and worked in a grid. I really worked the gt wiggle on each find. I hope to go out tomorrow morning at low tide and try the wet sand with the same speed and concentration. I think I have finally learned how to use the Gt. Anyway good hunting to all and take care, sorry no pictures of finds, wife is out of town with the camera. Ted

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh thats funny.. am sorry I had to crack up on that one...

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work Ted and thanks for the story. The Sovereign is definitely worth learning. It should start producing real well for you now.

HH, Bottlebum

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is good to have to be forced into a method so we can learn. Don't worry about the camera as I many of us hardly ever post pics anymore.

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3
I've been digging so many holes with my big Babb's scoop using my right leg that my knee is starting to bother me. Next time out I'm switching my digger to my left hand and my Sov GT to my right. I imagine that it will shake things up quite a bit. I'm completely ambidextrous so I hope that it won't be too much of a problem. Anyone ever tried that, either for fun or necessity? Somehow I don't think it will be quite as bad as digging by hand. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread