Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it's pretty easy to fix. I haven't seen Don (SJ) on here lately, but I think he has a step by step posted on this site.

OP
OP
M

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Thanks, I looked at the link, seems vey easy. I work at a Ford dealer and got one of my techs to repair the existing jack, it works now but I think I will upgrade to the 1/4 inch jack.

Rick

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minelab rick said:
Thanks, I looked at the link, seems vey easy. I work at a Ford dealer and got one of my techs to repair the existing jack, it works now but I think I will upgrade to the 1/4 inch jack.

Rick

I always used a Sunray stand for the XS units I had. Sounds like you go back pretty close to when they were released. I think I bought mine in 2000.

Yeah 1/4 is much better.

iron_foot

Feb 19, 2008
i had to repair the earphone socket on my explorer xs a wile back because it was loseing connection all the time and this is what i done to repair it and it was a simple fix.

DSCF7548.jpg

you only need to remove the first 4 screws from the battery bay back towards the hand grip to get to the earpone socket to do the repair. the earphone socket is only held in place with some heat gun glue so is quite easily removed.

DSCF7558.jpg

melt the tops off the 3 plastic posts or cut the tops of with a sharp knife.

DSCF7557.jpg

parts A,B,C were glued to keep them still in place as they were moving about which was making the earphone plug lose connection inside. part D i slitely bent to give it a stronger conection as it had lost its shape slietly from years of the ear phone plug being pushed in and out.

DSCF7558-1.jpg

remelt the tops of the posts to secure the panel back in place or you can glue back in place if you prefer to.

DSCF7561.jpg

glued back in place with some heat glue gun. job done.........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i also have these 2 diagrams that may be of use to someone.
EXPHDPHONE1A.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXPHDPHONE2B.jpg

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post Iron_foot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread