Loose loop on Excal ll

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
My new Excal has a loop that seems to move too much for my taste. The washers are new and the plastic wingnut is as tight as it can be without stripping it. I tried the Anderson loop support kit and the wingnut is too short on the loop to make a tight connection. Out of frustration, I just put some silicone caulk on the loop and wingnut to keep it more stable. Hope I didnt mess up anything. Any suggestions?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have to use the bolt and wing nut supplied by Minelab. Go to the hardware store and buy a longer bolt. I used a toilet seat nylon bolt and nut and drilled out the loop and shaft for the larger assembly and it is rock solid. However maybe the lower shaft on the Excal II is a different size.

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Thanks Sandman, I'll look at the shaft and see if drilling is a possibility. I hate to modify something when it should have been designed correctly in the first place. I'm reading James Clynick's book about modifying the cables when using a hip mount with the Excal ll. Its a shame the engineers cant improve the flaws. I think I'll email Anderson about the loop support issue. He did respond to my question about the under-over shaft weight balancing problem.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never had to use a loop support i like .....sandman .....said just went to a hardware store and got myself a bolt & nut that fit right........ I always thought of loop supports as a waste of money.............

Attachments

• !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 153
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
I think the silicone cauking is going to work out OK. The coil seems to fixed in a more stable position. I might try it out tonight on the beach and in the water. Not many finds in the last 2 visits to the beach. Not enough people. Still having some issues posting photos . I have some resizer websites, but I dont know how to use them. Any help is appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread