Is it wrong??

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Is it wrong to show up for a MD trip with, unannounced, major modifications to your detector?? Just starting on our trip, I had my friend pull a shirt from the back uncovering the 15" WOT I had just attached to my Excal. Between the new coil and the new earphones I think he thought I was taking advantage of him.
By the way, Thanks to all those that answered questions about these mod's! The headphones ($5.99 from Harbor Freight) completely removed my wind problems, even with only one ear covered. The WOT speaks for itself, Pics to follow as soon as I get them off my camera.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well unless you have a gun mounted on your detector that goes off and kills the guy next to you when his detector goes off on a target then, what ever other modifications or accessories you have is fair game. That is why there is detecting accessories. Also a coil is not a major modification so if I were you I would not worry about it, Tim

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
man...you go with the detector you got...setup the way you want...it really is the knowledge and understanding of the detector and what it is telling you that will give you the advantage :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread