Amazing depth with the Sov.GT 14" just learing it .

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing depth with the Sov.GT 14" just learing it .

Ok so this is not my greatest find ever iam still on the learning curve of the GT 2 weeks now but iam catching on quick so far its just farm fields lots of them just plowed for the harvest , listening for very low whispers and finding very deep targets is great :headbang: so far its just a lot of iron pieces some copper finds but yesterday i was amazed i had a very deep signal so i dug it out and dug and dug :laughing7: i have a 10 foot tape ruler i keep on my belt when i finally found the target with my S-1 probe i started laughing its a tiny copper wing nut i took a pic next to a penny for size it was about 13 to 14 " deep !! , 2 days before it rained heavy for most of the day so that helps to moist wet soil > starting out the first day of Fall today going to another field HH Dd60

Attachments

• copper wing nut.jpg
    copper wing nut.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 322
  • DFX and SOV.GT.jpg
    DFX and SOV.GT.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 317

spdrus

Aug 25, 2010
Re: Amazing depth with the Sov.GT 14" just learing it .

Hey Deepdigger,

I am also learning the Sovereign GT (got it last Friday). Did two short beach hunts and haven't found anything of note (2 pennies, 1 Quarter, 1 Key, 2 Bottlecaps, a few pieces of foil. But in relation to your thread title one of the objects I found was also about 14-16 inches deep and it appeared to be a VERY SMALL battery connector clip from a small watch - the item was about 3mm long by 2mm wide (SMALL).

The BAD part of the amazing depth of these machines is that 1) I'm new so I'm pretty much digging everything 2) Each target I locate requires a LOT of digging and I get tired FAST ;D

Oh well, at least all this physical activity will hopefully help me lose a few pounds. Do you have your unit shaft mounted? I do and it gets heavy after a couple hours.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spdrus said:
Hey Deepdigger,

I am also learning the Sovereign GT (got it last Friday). Did two short beach hunts and haven't found anything of note (2 pennies, 1 Quarter, 1 Key, 2 Bottlecaps, a few pieces of foil. But in relation to your thread title one of the objects I found was also about 14-16 inches deep and it appeared to be a VERY SMALL battery connector clip from a small watch - the item was about 3mm long by 2mm wide (SMALL).

The BAD part of the amazing depth of these machines is that 1) I'm new so I'm pretty much digging everything 2) Each target I locate requires a LOT of digging and I get tired FAST ;D

Oh well, at least all this physical activity will hopefully help me lose a few pounds. Do you have your unit shaft mounted? I do and it gets heavy after a couple hours.
Hi spdrus i think i have the machine figured out it might be a little tougher in the fields lots of iron i will start to cherry pick by using the notch i just wanted to get used to the sounds different metals make , i do have a hip mount bag i used already i just need a longer wire from the search probe to the control box it,s kind of short when i swing the coil .
and yes it is much lighter off the shaft the box . Take your time and get used to the sounds and those very low deep whispers also i have a pair of Black Widow head phones makes all the difference in the world they block out 90% of all outside sounds , good luck . Dd60

spdrus

Aug 25, 2010

Thanks Deepdigger - I am also getting used to the sounds and I think I am going to make a separate thread about the sounds of the Sovereign since I do have a lot of questions. I wanted to get the Black Widows, but my dealer threw in a free pair of headphones (decent, but not BWs decent) so I figured I could save a few bucks and forego the good headphones for now.

Since I am beach hunting pretty much all the time, the waves are VERY loud when I get close to the waters edge so it would be cool to have headphones that cancel out a lot of the wind/wave noise.

Keep up the good work!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Don't forget the ..... Minelab Sovereign wiggle ...

Attachments

• wiggle.gif
    wiggle.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 258
  • wiggle.gif
    wiggle.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 246

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread