e-trac question (hauling it around)

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
can it be "broken down" and backpacked to a site? I see there is a minelab backpack that you can buy, but can the detector be disassembled and enclosed in the backpack for hiking purposes? looking at a pic of the e-trac, it doesnt look like it would break down enough to fit. but on kellycos site they say it is for holding the detector and other stuff.

also, what about a sunray probe mounted on the detector, how would that affect the ability of the detector to "break down"?

the 6000 could be broken down, with push buttons on the two-part shaft. can the e-trac break down and be put back together as easily, with no tools?

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm I have a Xterra 705 and one of there backpacks but I have not tried to put the detector in it.
The backpack is a very good one I will say that. If I have time I will try to fit it in tonight and let you know
as I think both are about the same shape wise .

OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
ok, thanks for the info. much appreciated.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
A 2 minute job to break it down, and back up again. I'll admit i did have a problem with my 15x12 SEF with the cable seeming to enlarge slightly after removal and not being able to thread it through the stems properly...so carry a small length of twine to use as a pull thru. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions