Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have see them go for about 600.00-700.00 but they often bring more. Awesome machines.

OP
OP
Hogman

Hogman

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Birdman.

Is there any noticeable difference in the Excalibur 1000 and the Excalibur II 1000?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hogman said:
Thanks Birdman.

Is there any noticeable difference in the Excalibur 1000 and the Excalibur II 1000?
Birdman is right on the prices for used Excals if on the low side..

As for differences, Excal II has a different layout of the graphics on the control, works the same way. Different coloring, New thinline coil which is supposed to be more sensitive, and it is more water resistant being thinner. I believe it has a different battery pak.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Excal II is a better machine with upgrades sandman stated. I cannot understand why the older Excals are listed for so much. They are older by years. When I finally break down and get a water detector it will be the Excal II. It is a prooven detector.

Ed D.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
What is a used, in good condition Excalibur 1000 worth?

Good, is the magic word.....6oo to 7oo like birman said...........On the right beach, a few good gold rings will cover the price......One of the few hobbies, Beach Detecting, that will pay for itself.

I think the reason the older excals are jumping in price is the new ones just jumped a 100 dollars to 1299...and the price of gold is 1400 a ounce. 5 years ago I got a excal 8inch for 475 and a year later got the 10inch for around 525....2 months ago I got a excellent condition Sword Excal for 500 {just happened to be there when it went up for sale plus being a Old, people are a little less likely to go for it}...........And to tell the truth after working on the excals, they are not that hard to rebuild if the pod electronics are working. Another option is the sovereign xp2 in a Water proof bag. Just putting one together, it is great for wet sand hunting and waist deep. And will take the good dunks, but I would not recommend it for in the deep, and continuously submerged. I think the total price for this build was around 350.

Older blue excals yellow HP's have the better tones, and the Blue excal, blue HP's are even better on the tones....due to changes in the components that makeup the headphones. Which is better has alot to do with the person using them. I would say very close in performance..........

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used the excal II, but I can tell you my blue excal is my favorite detector of all time. The battery is easily upgraded to the excal II pod. I have been through many a detector and still return to that excal, even for hunting on land. I hope to try an etrac soon, but will still use the excal on the beach in the the typical Oregon downpours.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dbsmokey said:
I haven't used the excal II, but I can tell you my blue excal is my favorite detector of all time. The battery is easily upgraded to the excal II pod. I have been through many a detector and still return to that excal, even for hunting on land. I hope to try an etrac soon, but will still use the excal on the beach in the the typical Oregon downpours.

When Excals first came out I check on them at Kellyco, talked to the people there that hunt water often and tested them, was told they were about an inch deeper, other then that there is little difference in them. Coil thiner so less water resistance like Sandman said.........

Excals have always held their price, and Birdman is about on spot on the average price of one used. I bought my last one for $475 in perfect working condition, label was scratched up, but I could care less about that. I saved a lot on it........ I have seen them go for $800 too.... If you can get a used Excal in good condition for $600-$700, why not save the $500 in costs over a new one.....

Personally I will save the money on the difference of the two for the next generation of water detector from Minelab down the road when ever it comes out.....

OP
OP
Hogman

Hogman

Mar 14, 2011
I bought a used Excalibur 1000 and it seems to work great. I could see how it would work you to death. I was using it in my yard and got a strong hit and started digging with my little tool and could not find anything. Then I remembered I had a pinpointer and went and got it. It kept making noise but I couldn't find anything. I went and got my shovel and dug a plug out, down about 12 inches. I finally found it. It was a small piece of foil, I would say about 10" down. That is all the time I had. I will be hard at it tomorrow.

DymonsNRust

Nov 6, 2003
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had two battery packs for my old Minelab Excalibur 1000, they will not hold a charge any more :(
I see that you said the new battery packs are easily adapted to the older excal. Is it simply switch out the battery pack, or is there something more I need to do?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread