Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2011
    Cowlitz County, Washington
    2 AT Pros and a BH Tracker 4
    2 times

whats the major differenses between the E-Trac , Explorer SE Pro and the Safari

Really interested here. I met a guy at a park that pulled 4 gold with E Trac.
    He siad was basically same as Safari and would reomend Safari over E-Trac for a guy new to mine lab.
    Also I have a buddy who has the explorer se pro, he seems to struggle with it.
    Any all input would help...
    P.S. My wife is dead set on an E-Trac...........

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2003
    Dodge City Kansas
    Deus, E-Trac, AT Pro, DFX
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: whats the major differenses between the E-Trac , Explorer SE Pro and the Safari

I've never owned the Safari but the major difference between the SE and E-Trac, at least for me, was stability. Stability equals more usable depth. It also seemed to be better balanced . My back hurt after running the SE Pro for an hour. I can run the E-Trac all day.
    Current: E-Trac, AT Pro, DFX
    Past few years: XP Deus, CTX 3030, V3i, MXT, XLT, Eagle Spectrum, X-Terra 70, SE Pro, Sovereign GT, F4, F75 LTD, MH CXIII, ACE 250, Omega 8000

Re: whats the major differenses between the E-Trac , Explorer SE Pro and the Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Digger
    I've never owned the Safari but the major difference between the SE and E-Trac, at least for me, was stability. Stability equals more usable depth. It also seemed to be better balanced . My back hurt after running the SE Pro for an hour. I can run the E-Trac all day.

I'm sure I've seen you post before about a stability issues on an Explorer and I'll say it again, it sounds like you had a subtle problem you weren't aware of. All my detectors have been rock solid except for the times they had problems which was everything from a bad battery, to several coils, to electronic issues, to just a glitch that was very tough to break the detector free of.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9714 times

It is my understanding the Safari is basically about the same as the Etrac and Explorer, with less menu, and programing options.....

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

lt
    Jun 2009
    minelab explorer xs
    8 times

with Etrac you will loose less money on resale, with safary most. they are basically the same, but my suggestion for you is etrac, but I use old explorer. god luck

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1352 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Quote Originally Posted by stasys
    with Etrac you will loose less money on resale, with safary most. they are basically the same, but my suggestion for you is etrac, but I use old explorer. god luck
    I think the Safari does not loose that much on resale ..... they have a good resale price..........
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Oct 2009
    2011 times

The E-Trac and Safari are a world apart from each other. They have the same manufacturer and same basic operation principle but after that it's all different. The E-Trac's signal analysis is what makes it so different, above just the amount of user options.

us
    Jul 2006
    Western PA
    Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
    121 times
    Banner Finds (1)

The safari has no ferrous sounds. Which I use around old cellar holes and love. Really picks through the iron. Not so good in parks cause aluminum sounds too good in ferrous mode. Depends on how you use the detector the most. I hunt only old sites and could not live without ferrous
    Seek and Ye shall find, (not necessarily what You were looking for)

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1352 times

Just like the man in the park told you .... They are all basically the same detector..... Don't let some on here fool you...... The big difference in them is the price you pay........... A little more bells and whistles........All get the same depth.........

lt
    Jun 2009
    minelab explorer xs
    8 times

Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    Just like the man in the park told you .... They are all basically the same detector..... Don't let some on here fool you...... The big difference in them is the price you pay........... A little more bells and whistles........All get the same depth.........
    From explorer and etrac exist different and huge , its much more faster then Explorer, if you like discrimination patterns and VDi numbers but without discrimination they are very very similar, but not the same, dont know which is better, Safari is missing allot from the both, but works the same and with the same boards like explorer except different Safari program.

May 2005
    28 times

If you go to Minelab's website, you can download the manuals (and study them for what's same & what isn't). Best wishes, George (MN)

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1352 times

But they all get the same depth..........

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2003
    Dodge City Kansas
    Deus, E-Trac, AT Pro, DFX
    27 times

They are all basically the same detector..... Don't let some on here fool you...... The big difference in them is the price you pay........... A little more bells and whistles........All get the same depth.........
    WRONG!

Why would you mislead someone like that? You just enjoy giving people bad information?

First off it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that even if one of the detectors had a manual ground balance and the others didn't you couldn't, responsibly, claim they all get the same depth. Whether you believe it or not features do often equate to better depth. A faster processor can, and will, respond better to good targets close to trash and give a more reliable ID. That can result in more depth if the coin gets pasts because of masking. Depth is relative to conditions, and more features give you the ability to improve performance in more conditions.
    Current: E-Trac, AT Pro, DFX
    Past few years: XP Deus, CTX 3030, V3i, MXT, XLT, Eagle Spectrum, X-Terra 70, SE Pro, Sovereign GT, F4, F75 LTD, MH CXIII, ACE 250, Omega 8000

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    1352 times

They are all basically the same detector..... Don't let some on here fool you...... The big difference in them is the price you pay........... A little more bells and whistles........All get the same depth.........
    WRONG!

Why would you mislead someone like that? You just enjoy giving people bad information?

First off it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that even if one of the detectors had a manual ground balance and the others didn't you couldn't, responsibly, claim they all get the same depth. Whether you believe it or not features do often equate to better depth. A faster processor can, and will, respond better to good targets close to trash and give a more reliable ID. That can result in more depth if the coin gets pasts because of masking. Depth is relative to conditions, and more features give you the ability to improve performance in more conditions.
    I am sorry but all the Explores and the E-Trac is just a Explorer get the same depth..... And the more bells & whistles does not give you more depth.......... It is not WRONG info.............

us
    Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    WRONG!

I am sorry but all the Explores and the E-Trac is just a Explorer get the same depth..... And the more bells & whistles does not give you more depth.......... It is not WRONG info.............
    Recovery speeds the same? Software and programming?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors