Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector

C

Cappy Z.

KellyCo has a package deal for the Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector that includes accessories for about $1500. I have never used a Minelab and I 'think' it is a PI or pulse system. I want to hunt specifically salt water (ocean) and beach...along the Treasure Coast of Florida. Do you think this is the best bet for handling the salt/mineral interference? And possible salt water?

Appreciate any and all advice.
Check out Kellyco website and you see the package deal. I will probably drive there to pick it up if it becomes my final choice. I suspect the US mail or UPS might toss it around too much.

Thanks,

Cap Z.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
KellyCo has a package deal for the Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector that includes accessories for about $1500. I have never used a Minelab and I 'think' it is a PI or pulse system. I want to hunt specifically salt water (ocean) and beach...along the Treasure Coast of Florida. Do you think this is the best bet for handling the salt/mineral interference? And possible salt water?

Appreciate any and all advice.
Check out Kellyco website and you see the package deal. I will probably drive there to pick it up if it becomes my final choice. I suspect the US mail or UPS might toss it around too much.

Thanks,

Cap Z.

Cappy, it isn't a PI it is a Multifreq detector, using 17 different frequencies... It is fantastic in the salt water and wetsand salt beaches....

I currently own 2 Excals, I live in Orlando, give me a call I can answer your questions......I will IM you my phone number......

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Thanks for responding. I am in the preliminary stage of gathering information. Should I actually purchase a Minelab, I will call you for certain when I open the box. Thanks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
Thanks for responding. I am in the preliminary stage of gathering information. Should I actually purchase a Minelab, I will call you for certain when I open the box. Thanks.

Might want to call before. :wink:

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Treasure Hunter, as I said in my PM..when you used the word 'fantastic'... I got gold fever....

I'm almost sold on the Minelab... due to one word...lol.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I'd call Treasure_hunter as you usually get a bunch of junk in those big box so called package deals.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

John (Ma) said:
I'd call Treasure_hunter as you usually get a bunch of junk in those big box so called package deals.

Thanks John. :icon_thumleft:

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Cappy, don't worry about the freebies that come with the detector. Most of it's junk anyways. Good choice on the Minelab, you'll also need a good solid beach scoop and that will set you back another 100 or more bucks. Buy the best and you'll only buy it once! It's best to get a long handled one and not the short hand held one. Good luck on your new Adventure and have fun.

Paul

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
desertfox said:
Cappy, don't worry about the freebies that come with the detector. Most of it's junk anyways. Good choice on the Minelab, you'll also need a good solid beach scoop and that will set you back another 100 or more bucks. Buy the best and you'll only buy it once! It's best to get a long handled one and not the short hand held one. Good luck on your new Adventure and have fun.

Paul
Cappy, I wouldn't exactly call the "free stuff" junk, just not worth the inflated price they put on it. Newbies might need the stuff once. Desertfox is right about the scoop too. I've used many and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth. You will never have to buy another one. http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html I am using the smaller one now and love it.

Listen to Treasure Hunter about the Excal. You don't need to ground balance it and it is not a PI. Very easy to use.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z,
Don,t worry about delivery. I have bought 4 detectors, two coils and three pin pointers from KellyCo over the years. Never a problem. Do check out any local dealers or dealers here on TNet. They may get you a better deal as a lot of those extras are crap. I usually sell anything extra if I can. Cut my cost on my last two detectors by $100 each.

I am a Minelab user but the Excal is a great water machine. Probably the best non PI machine out there.

Don,t forget the scoop. A nice one is the stealth by Sunspot.

Ed D.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Thanks for the feedback Born2Dtect, I appreciate it. I have never spent that kind of cash on a detector in my life. I'm 55 now and feel it's time to embrace my treasure hunting addiction at a higher level.
:icon_thumright:

Cap Z.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
I'm 55 now and feel it's time to embrace my treasure hunting addiction at a higher level.

Cap Z.

55, just a kid.....LOL

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Treasure_Hunter said:
Cappy Z. said:
I'm 55 now and feel it's time to embrace my treasure hunting addiction at a higher level.

Cap Z.

55, just a kid.....LOL

So then...are you saying I SHOULD buy a bucket of Rogaine? :wink:

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could pay for the Excal in one season. It depends on how much time you can spend detecting and where you can go. It depends on how close to the beach you are, now about 1 1/2 hours away. If I were closer I would already own an Excal. Only seem to get to the beach 3 to 4 times a year. 10 + visits would warrant a real need to buy! ;D
My goal in life is to move or retire 5 to 10 minutes away from the beach. ::)

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions