Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Cappy Z.

Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector

KellyCo has a package deal for the Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector that includes accessories for about $1500. I have never used a Minelab and I 'think' it is a PI or pulse system. I want to hunt specifically salt water (ocean) and beach...along the Treasure Coast of Florida. Do you think this is the best bet for handling the salt/mineral interference? And possible salt water?

Appreciate any and all advice.
    Check out Kellyco website and you see the package deal. I will probably drive there to pick it up if it becomes my final choice. I suspect the US mail or UPS might toss it around too much.

Thanks,

Cap Z.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy Z.
    KellyCo has a package deal for the Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector that includes accessories for about $1500. I have never used a Minelab and I 'think' it is a PI or pulse system. I want to hunt specifically salt water (ocean) and beach...along the Treasure Coast of Florida. Do you think this is the best bet for handling the salt/mineral interference? And possible salt water?

Appreciate any and all advice.
    Check out Kellyco website and you see the package deal. I will probably drive there to pick it up if it becomes my final choice. I suspect the US mail or UPS might toss it around too much.

Thanks,

Cap Z.
    Cappy, it isn't a PI it is a Multifreq detector, using 17 different frequencies... It is fantastic in the salt water and wetsand salt beaches....

I currently own 2 Excals, I live in Orlando, give me a call I can answer your questions......I will IM you my phone number......
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Cappy Z.

Thanks for responding. I am in the preliminary stage of gathering information. Should I actually purchase a Minelab, I will call you for certain when I open the box. Thanks.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29108 times

Thanks for responding. I am in the preliminary stage of gathering information. Should I actually purchase a Minelab, I will call you for certain when I open the box. Thanks.
    Might want to call before.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Cappy Z.

Treasure Hunter, as I said in my PM..when you used the word 'fantastic'... I got gold fever....

I'm almost sold on the Minelab... due to one word...lol.

us
    Jul 2007
    Western Massachusetts
    Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
    8 times

I'd call Treasure_hunter as you usually get a bunch of junk in those big box so called package deals.

Cappy Z.

Quote Originally Posted by John (Ma)
    I'd call Treasure_hunter as you usually get a bunch of junk in those big box so called package deals.
    Thanks John.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2007
    Oklahoma
    Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
    7 times

Cappy, don't worry about the freebies that come with the detector. Most of it's junk anyways. Good choice on the Minelab, you'll also need a good solid beach scoop and that will set you back another 100 or more bucks. Buy the best and you'll only buy it once! It's best to get a long handled one and not the short hand held one. Good luck on your new Adventure and have fun.

Paul
    Happy Hunting

Desertfox
    (Paul)

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3968 times

Quote Originally Posted by desertfox
    Cappy, don't worry about the freebies that come with the detector. Most of it's junk anyways. Good choice on the Minelab, you'll also need a good solid beach scoop and that will set you back another 100 or more bucks. Buy the best and you'll only buy it once! It's best to get a long handled one and not the short hand held one. Good luck on your new Adventure and have fun.

Paul
    Cappy, I wouldn't exactly call the "free stuff" junk, just not worth the inflated price they put on it. Newbies might need the stuff once. Desertfox is right about the scoop too. I've used many and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth. You will never have to buy another one. http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html I am using the smaller one now and love it.

Listen to Treasure Hunter about the Excal. You don't need to ground balance it and it is not a PI. Very easy to use.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jun 2004
    Hurlock, Maryland
    XP Deus, Excalibur II, Tesoro Tejon
    68 times

Cappy Z,
    Don,t worry about delivery. I have bought 4 detectors, two coils and three pin pointers from KellyCo over the years. Never a problem. Do check out any local dealers or dealers here on TNet. They may get you a better deal as a lot of those extras are crap. I usually sell anything extra if I can. Cut my cost on my last two detectors by $100 each.

I am a Minelab user but the Excal is a great water machine. Probably the best non PI machine out there.

Don,t forget the scoop. A nice one is the stealth by Sunspot.

Ed D.

Keep detecting, Keep finding, Keep digging!

Ed Donovan

Cappy Z.

Thanks for the feedback Born2Dtect, I appreciate it. I have never spent that kind of cash on a detector in my life. I'm 55 now and feel it's time to embrace my treasure hunting addiction at a higher level.

Cap Z.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29108 times

I'm 55 now and feel it's time to embrace my treasure hunting addiction at a higher level.

Cap Z.
    55, just a kid.....LOL

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Cappy Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    I'm 55 now and feel it's time to embrace my treasure hunting addiction at a higher level.

Cap Z.
    55, just a kid.....LOL
    So then...are you saying I SHOULD buy a bucket of Rogaine?

us
    Jun 2004
    Hurlock, Maryland
    XP Deus, Excalibur II, Tesoro Tejon
    68 times

You could pay for the Excal in one season. It depends on how much time you can spend detecting and where you can go. It depends on how close to the beach you are, now about 1 1/2 hours away. If I were closer I would already own an Excal. Only seem to get to the beach 3 to 4 times a year. 10 + visits would warrant a real need to buy!
    My goal in life is to move or retire 5 to 10 minutes away from the beach.

Ed D.
    Keep detecting, Keep finding, Keep digging!

Ed Donovan

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links