MINELAB SAFARI

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just won a Minelab Safari at a club picnic. I thought I really wanted one because of the 28 frequencies. Took it out on three different occasions, and yes it DOES go deep. Got really good at targeting. I am a White's person trying to learn a new machine. I feel like I know my XLT,DFX and Surfmaster PI, but when I swing th Safari I am just not sure. The VDI numbers don't seem right and the depth gauge led me to believe that it was close to the surface but when I dug it, wow it was really deep. Can any one lend a hand to educate me on this thing? I really do want to learn it. Happy Hunting :-[

grover868

Greenie
Mar 31, 2011
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer SE Pro, DFX
WOW!!! you won a safari!!! that is a great prize your club gave away. you will love the minelab once you begin to understand it's language. i recommend reading andy's book on the safari. you can get it at andy's website. http://sabischbooks.com/

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick up the Book The Minelab Quattro & Safari Handbook by Andy Sabisch, it will really help you in learning the Safari. Several sites carry it including Woodland Detectors and Kellyco.

You didn't say what the target was your talking about but on the Safari the target depth indicator is calibrated for coin sizes, considerable larger or smaller objects can throw off the depth indicator..... Larger objects will show shallow when actually much deeper and tiny objects will show deep and actually be much shallower.....

To get the the best out of the Safari you want to hunt using a combination of the two "senses" You do not want to hunt just using the VDI numbers, but a combination of the audio signals with the VDI screen..... The audio tones are very valuable on Minelab detectors learn to use them......

If you haven't done it yet, I suggest you grab a set of common targets you would expect to come across and practice using them to listen to the difference in the tones as well as the VDI numbers.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread